One Cliff at a Time

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
The parable of the cliff ...

If you were looking at a small hill and you wanted to climb it, it would not be a problem for anyone reading this just to walk up that hill. And if the hill was a little bit bigger the next day, it still wouldn't be a problem. But if you're going to climb something called Mount Everest, it is not like climbing up a small hill. It takes a whole lot of planning. It takes the knowingness of what you really want to do and then having the tenacity to be able to do it.

For you see, very seldom do you hear of someone who says, "I am going to climb Mount Everest by myself." The reason that doesn't happen is because it is such a beautiful challenge. When the Creator created this beautiful living entity called Gaia, it did not send one particle of itself here to do the whole understanding of this journey. It would have been too overwhelming for one soul to do that. So, to climb Gaia, if you will, the Creator sent a grand portion of its own energy to incarnate onto this beautiful plane called Mother Earth.

So here you have, my friends, the parable of the small mountain easy enough to climb. You just walk up the side of it and when you get to the top, you recognize the beauty of it. Then one day off in the distance, you see an extremely high peak, and you decide that you want to climb that as well. Well, a short ways up, when you hit your first plateau and you're standing there all by yourself, you look around and think, "Whoa, what have I gotten myself into?" You stretch your head far back to look toward the top and you still can't see it, so you start to think, "Maybe this isn't such a good thing." And then you pace back and forth on that plateau until you come to the greater clarity that this has probably not been the greatest thought you've ever had.

Then you begin to surround yourself with people, who also would like to reach the peak of this mountain, and you become what we consider to be an evolutionary journey, and on that journey many of you participate. So up the mountain you go, and the first time you come to another plateau, some are breathing heavy; some are not winded at all and they just want to rush on. Yet those that are breathing heavily, they need time. They need time to collect themselves and breathe. They need time to refresh.
The one that is full of energy and wants to climb up the mountain, he sits very disgruntled at the very base of the next plateau. He sits there disgruntled when he could be absolutely enjoying what he has so far, nurturing those who maybe haven't got the energy that he has.

And, finally, when everybody is of the same movement and ready to go again, what we call a "collective consciousness" moves up the mountain again, plateau after plateau. Eventually you reach the very peak of that mountain. You stand where so few have stood and you look back down at where you've come from. And it's almost impossible to remember what is like down there when you stand in all of this beauty. For when you left the bottom, the air was filled with smut and all sorts of grand obstacles of the Earth plane; yet standing on top of the mountain, it is crisp and clear. When you left the base, it was hot and you were sweaty and uncomfortable in your bodies; yet at the top you stand in that crisp clarity again.

So you sit there thinking, "Wow, this is so absolutely wonderful," and if you sit there long enough, my friends, you will start to think, "There must be more." If you look off into the distance, you will see a mountain three times the size of the one you are sitting on. And off you go on the next adventure.
This is a metaphor of life, my friends. It is the way that you awaken yourselves to the knowing that there is no end to the journey here on this Earth plane. When the Creator formed this beautiful energy you call Gaia, It created all of the beautiful trees and the animal worlds and all of the things that would be necessary. And then It created itself in the I AM so that It could experience its creation.

And here you are this day reading this little article, trying to understand why is it—every now and then—you just don't have the energy to climb the mountain. Why is it—every now and then—when you look at someone who is passing you by, going up the mountain, you think, "The poor fool… he is only going to get to the top and realize there is just another mountain"? Or how about when you pass somebody else and you say, "Oh, this poor energy pattern doesn't have the courage to walk on."
What is being said about you by both of these people? The one that passed you, he feels sorry like you did for the other. The one sitting, waiting, he feels sorry for you like you did the other. So what is the answer, my friend?

The answer is the knowing that all through your journey you are going to come to plateaus in life, and how you deal with those plateaus is the truth of how you will deal with this life journey. For when you are on the climb, one hand over the other, one foot stepping up the side of the mountain, you are not thinking about anything but the climb. But when you hit that plateau and you have time to think, using your mind consciousness begins to change everything.

And there are those, my friends, who look at this as the huge wall of life. When they look up at the sheer cliff face, they think there cannot be any way up the side of this. Yet, as they look up, there stands someone on top of it. How frustrating that must be. You look at the sheer cliff thinking there is no way up that thing, and then you see them up there. What are you to do?

So as you stand at the base of the sheer cliff looking up, you start to ask yourself, "If he got there or if she got there, then it must be I can as well. If that person has a great relationship or that person has lots of money, then I can as well. "But I am looking at the sheer cliff, . "What am I to do?"

Well, the first thing I would have you do is step back away from the very sheerness of that cliff and start using all of the principles that you have learned by doing the journey. First of all, learn to face the fact that this cliff represents your life. Learn to face the fact that in truth someone has found a way up there, that in trust you have to believe you will find it as well, if you but don't give up.

Then, of course, you look and the first thing you know is that you don't have any clarity because it's a sheer face. But if you were to have the clarity, if you were to stride just one step up the side of the mountain, you would notice there is a foothold. And, lo and behold, you put your foot in that hold and you run your hand up the side of that sheer cliff and there is something for your hand to get a hold of. And you're thinking, "I didn't see that when I was standing around trying to figure out what to do. I only saw that when I got the clarity that I must do something."

And so there must be a communication between you and the Unseen Forces of Light. And the communication, once open, will never close. You may turn a deaf ear to it now and then, but it will never close.

So there you are, one foot in the foothold, one hand in the handhold, and you are starting up the sheer face of this cliff. You know that what you want to do is complete something—anything—because you know those people are at the top of this mountain, those you saw as you looked up there.
So what is the completion? The completion is to fit your toe in the next foothold and reach your hand up the side of that sheer cliff and find the next handhold. Because you've started, the holds must be there, and so you continue to complete that part of the journey.

At some point, my friends, if you are really to get the top of this mountain, you must open your forces in prayer to the Unseen Light. You must pray that every time you make a move with your hand or your foot you find what you are looking for.

When you have the time to stop, you can have the time to worry about what will be next. You can have the time to worry about how it will feel if you fall off this cliff. You can have the time to worry, "What if I don't make it?" Or you can calm yourself in a form of meditation and you can ask the beautiful question, "How did I get to this place?" And the answer shall come, "Because I had the courage."

And then you send out a message to your higher self or even the higher selves of others—you program the sleepstate energies that you would use normally—to the people on top of the cliff. You pray to those people—yes, you do—and you say, "Guide me through your thoughts," and all of a sudden, you see the people looking over the edge of the cliff, and they say, "Go to the right a wee bit." And you say, "How did they know that?"

And so between you and them a grand mastermind is formed and you find yourself scaling up the side of that cliff. And every time you start to think that the next foothold is not going to be there, it's as though it disappears. Yet every time you have the faith that the foothold is there, every time you choose not give up the journey, you stick your toe in and there it is. (Every one of you, my friends, has had this experience.)

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
There's more.........

this part is for you Tam ...

Now, let's talk for one moment about the great Alps, where you could not climb the face of that sheer face of cliff by yourself, where you would have to form a gathering. And that, my friends, is called humanity. There's not a being on this plane that isn't climbing their own mountain, that hasn't seen the proverbial sheer cliff staring them in the face. You stand next to that person or shout down from your perch and want to say "It's just a wall. Don't be silly, just climb it." Well remember the day you stood down there. Don't you ever forget the day that you stood at the base of that cliff. Don't you ever forget the day you looked up at those insurmountable odds. You didn't need someone telling you how easy it was. You needed someone telling you, "You know, I had to use a lot of prayer. And I know that prayer doesn't make a lot of sense to you right now, but about halfway up that mountainside, you're going to learn to get real close with your Creator and your Guides because you're going to look down and see how far you've come. You are going to look up and see how far you got to go. And so you are going to reach out, and if there are no humans available, you are going to reach out to the closest thing that you can find, and that's your higher self, and you are going to make a pact with that higher self.

And I hope that when you reach the top, you won't have forgotten the pact because, you see, you will reach the top, You will not fall down.

It's the way of light itself. Life is ever-evolving. It is ever-expanding. There is no light that turns back inside of itself. It continues to search for something to light upon. And you are the same. You are light particles of the God Creator. You can only move forward. You can sit on that shelf as long as you want, but eventually you will simply return to the Creator Source.

There is a wall in everyone's life. There is that sheer face of a cliff that one day each of you will face. And when you do, do it all. Start with your own truth. Be true to yourself. Be true that you have lost a little bit of your footing. Be true in the knowing that you've got to stick your toe in a little stronger. And trust that if you do that, up you're going to go. Because, my friend, there is no wall that cannot be scaled.

You’re climbing up the sheer face of the mountain, and there this person is, telling you, "I don’t think I can make it. In fact, I feel myself slipping. I feel myself slipping off into nothingness." I would ask you to hold right where you are for just a minute, and I would ask you to be a healer for this particular energy pattern, this partner in your journey.

You could start by seeing if you could give her a wee bit of energy by offering some of your own love and your own light. And you could do that in any form that you wanted to. You could sit and chat with her for a moment and tell her of the times where you have come against that same feeling, and somehow, through praying to the Creator Force, you gained the strength to put one more toehold into the side of the mountain. And at this moment I’m feeling pretty good.

And if that doesn’t help her, maybe you need to look over to your friend very clearly and think to yourself, "If that was me stuck on the cliff, what would I want from this person who is trying to climb past me now? If this person is my healer, what would I want from him or her?"

And what would you want? You would want understanding. You would want a warm heart to touch your heart. You would want to know what he or she might know about your journey, what might be beyond what you can see, and whatever choices might be available.

Imagine we have our parable friend about halfway up the cliff. When all of the sudden, he or she just loses that drive. The first thing I would tell you

"How about I just sit here for a few minutes and get some of our friends here to do as much healing as possible and try to rebuild your energy? In fact, I tell you what I am going to do. I’m going to point out the next toehold for you. I won’t be able to do the whole of the journey for you, but I’m going to point out the next toehold for you. In fact, here, I’m going to heal your toe right into it. But you are going to have to find the strength in your heart to push up your knee and get that toehold to work for you."

"And I’ll tell you what else, as long as you want to do this, as long as you want to keep searching for toeholds, my friends and I are going to stay right here beside you. We won’t carry you to the top. We can’t do it. It’s impossible. We’re not built that way. But we will not leave you behind. We will stay here, and we’ll heal toe after toe. And if at any point you don’t want to go any further, you let us know, and we will make sure—in our very best way—that we convince you of the presence of Light and the knowing within.

Another thing I want to tell you is going to be very hard for your third-dimensional mind to think it through ... is not going to make a lot of sense to you, but here I am going to tell you anyway. What I would tell you to do is lean into that cliff. Get a good feel for that cold, beautiful, smooth face of that cliff. Just take the greatest lesson you can from the cliff, where you are this very moment. And you would get a feeling and come to know something: that you and that cliff can become one. the thing is the more you leaned into that cliff, you would notice that there’s a grand possibility that cliff is leaning with you, and it is not quite so sheer up and down. In fact, all of the sudden, you’re laying on that cliff resting. And wouldn’t that give you the knowing that you cannot be alone over here [on the Earth plane]? Wouldn’t that give you the knowing that, as you look now to the side, here comes somebody up the cliff with you. And as you look up, there is someone up at the top of the cliff looking down with a great smile, giving you grand encouragement. Because if you have the faith—and this is the tough one—if you have the faith that you’re going to go up this sheer mountain cliff, faith alone will carry you up there. It just won’t look like what you think it is because you keep thinking it is going to be some sort of a magical updraft that will just pick you up from the cliff and blow you up to the top. (We don’t know of any journeys like that happening.)

What we do know is that when you leaned into that cliff and really got a good feel for it, it wasn’t what you thought it was. It wasn’t a mean, nasty rock. It was an energetic pattern of Gaia, and all the cliff did was pull back a little bit and make a slant so that you could lie down.

Ask anybody who has climbed the sheer mountain cliff, and they will tell you that somewhere along the way, a great magical thing happened to them—with no rhyme or reason—only because they had the faith.

and friends who let you know you are not alone.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
A friend gave this to me last night. A tiny reminder Im not alone even on the sheerest of cliff faces. Theres always apart of the collective conscience that is helping us along. Not with a hand up but with knowledge and encouragement. "Show a man how to fish and he'll never go hungry"