Islam? Tolerant? Yeah right!

saadia

Jun 12, 2006
The Islamic religion is not a tolerant religion. It is the only religion in existence that continues to cause dissention and strife in modern societies. Muslims can't even tolerate the different sects of Islam. So how do we determine that there are good muslims and bad ones. How do we know?

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
If you think Islam is the only religion that continues to cause strife, you are missing a lot of what's going on in the world.

How do we know there are good muslims and bad muslims? Because some of us recognize they are people and there will always be good and bad people.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Where do we get these new nutjobs.

Simple, there are bad parts of Islam, but go to Northern Ireland, the Catholic and the Protestants hate each other. Last time I checked they weren't Muslim.

Dah!

Carsten

Jun 13, 2006
Toronto
RE: Islam? Tolerant? Ye

Virtually every religion has caused strife at some point in its history--in fact, most still do to an extent. "Righteously" killing in the name of your God and committing injustice in general has been a very fashionable thing to do throughout history.

There's a bigger issue here, though, that has to do more with poverty and volatile political climates leading to manipulation and distortion of the Qu'ran.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Re: RE: Islam? Tolerant? Yeah right!

tracy said:
If you think Islam is the only religion that continues to cause strife, you are missing a lot of what's going on in the world.

Perhaps but that doesn't negate the fact that Islam sees all of us as infidels that should be summarily put to death. It also doesn't negate the fact they beat their wives at will, or kill their own children because they dared assimilate into Western society, or that homosexuals should be executed, or that they feel stealing is their "right", or that Sharia is above any law, anywhere and seek to impose this law. And they are succeeding, particularly in Europe.

tracy said:
How do we know there are good muslims and bad muslims? Because some of us recognize they are people and there will always be good and bad people.

Of course there are, now define good and bad.

GuyIncognito

Jun 13, 2006
South Eastern Ontario
I think the Problem (I Think Not) has is Ignorance plain and simple... Islam is as diverse as Christianity and as such has developed less than admirable sects. However grouping people into stereotypes based on the actions of a very small minority only breads fear, anger and in the end Violence. As Canadians it is up to set an example for the rest of the world. That example being tolerance and understanding only by these means can we root out the true causes of young men’s switch to extremists and cure this before it infects our country as it has so many others.
We have only to look at our supposed “best friend” the United States which has pursued a campaign of intolerance and hate which has only lead to Fear and Division and for the most part a fuel for these "terrorists"

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
A small minority? You're delusional, even the Left in Europe is waking up to the fact Islamism poses a direct threat. They have come to realize the only common elements they have with Islamism is a resentment with the US, Israel and capitalism, everything else is at odds with their core beliefs. They do NOT believe in separation of church and state, and even worse, they don't ackowledge they have to follow it. They perform female circumcision (forced) and become violent the moment someone opposes them.

You want Kanada to lead? By all means go ahead, you're wishing for something the Europeans did 25 years ago and today they don't how to get out of it.

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
I think not said:
A small minority? You're delusional, even the Left in Europe is waking up to the fact Islamism poses a direct threat. They have come to realize the only common elements they have with Islamism is a resentment with the US, Israel and capitalism, everything else is at odds with their core beliefs. They do NOT believe in separation of church and state, and even worse, they don't ackowledge they have to follow it. They perform female circumcision (forced) and become violent the moment someone opposes them.

You want Kanada to lead? By all means go ahead, you're wishing for something the Europeans did 25 years ago and today they don't how to get out of it.

Bingo - give that man a stuffed animal! He hit the target on the first try. Bravo.

Uncle

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
[i said:
I think not[/i]]A small minority? You're delusional, even the Left in Europe is waking up to the fact Islamism poses a direct threat. They have come to realize the only common elements they have with Islamism is a resentment with the US, Israel and capitalism, everything else is at odds with their core beliefs. They do NOT believe in separation of church and state, and even worse, they don't ackowledge they have to follow it. They perform female circumcision (forced) and become violent the moment someone opposes them.
I don't agree with the premise of the above post; many Canadians, such as Rahim Jaffer, M.P., the Member for Edmonton—Sherwood Park, Yasmin Ratansi, M.P., the Member for Don Valley West and the Revenue Critic for Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition, not to mention many Muslim associations and groups in Canada, have denounced terrorism — and, in fact, given suggestions so as to ensure that both Muslim Canadians and their non-Muslim friends are quite safe and secure in a united Canada.

Hank C

Electoral Member
Jan 4, 2006
Calgary, AB
Canada has been blessed with much better muslim immigrants than it deserves, taking into consideration the terrorists recently exposed in southern Ontario.

By gods grace Canada has not been forced to rethink immigration policies and multiculturalism as the folks in western Europe have. There is no more left vs right in the immigration debate out in Europe, policy has moved towards protecting citizens first and foremost.

let me put it this way, it is up to islam to reform itself, not for us to accept barbarianism the way it is. It has nothing to do with race, and everything to do with our own survival and safety.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Re: The Tolerance in Islam

I would agree, Hank C, that Canada has indeed been quite blessed.

Many of the mechanisms and conventions under which our country is governed are set up under the premise that the population, and the Government of Canada, are made up of persons who would not dare to abuse those systems. In terms of the conventions that govern our Parliament of Canada, for example, any prime minister could throw the nation into chaos, if he or she wished, since the checks and balances present are in good-faith, rather than stringent regulations. Our immigration system is quite the same.

Our system operates under the premise that we should be happy to take anyone who would enter Canada; it is nice to think that this would be true, however, it is not — there are some who would have no greater wish than to destroy our institutions, and our people. It is quite fortunate that a vast majority of those who enter this nation do so in good faith, and with the best of intentions, and I would suggest that while keeping a cautious eye on the former, we should embrace the latter with open arms.

dekhqonbacha

Electoral Member
Apr 30, 2006
CsL, Mtl, Qc, Ca, NA, Er, SS,MW, Un
Re: RE: Islam? Tolerant? Yeah right!

Hank C said:

let me put it this way, it is up to islam to reform itself, not for us to accept barbarianism the way it is. It has nothing to do with race, and everything to do with our own survival and safety.

Islam cannot do anything. It existed, it exists, and it will exist the same way.

I depends how the people follow it.

Islam cannot be changed at all. But people can change. If those poeple who follow Islam are educated, they will denounce violence.

The difference in Canada and Europe about the Muslims is that, Canada recieve a small amount of immigrants. They assimilate quickly because they are faced with less obstacles of their tradition and religion.

In Europe, however, there are a lot of Muslims. How did they get there?

France, for example, in order to increase its labor force, and other things (which are not very related to topic) gave citizenship to many of its colonies. Many of which were Islamic. Population of those colonies became citizens of France. Those Muslim who are in France, are at their home. They are not immigrants. It's up to French autority to educate them, which in return decrease violence.

Russia, in order to enjoy vast natural and human resources, conquered many of its sourrunding countries and made them part of Russian Empire. Today, those people are Russia's citizens. They are at home. It's up to Russian autority to educate them, which they did. That's why Russia is handling terrorism and violence better compared to other Europeen countries.

Education of nation will increase their inteligence. Educated people denounce violence. Education beats poverty. Not religion but education will change the follower of any faith.

athabaska

Electoral Member
Dec 26, 2005
I'm an atheist and don't give a darn about what religions are 'suppose to be'...all love and hugs. What counts is what they are in the reality in today's world.. All this crap about Islam isn't really this and Christianity isn't really that isn't worth a pile of doo-doo when someone wants to set off bombs in my country and kill my family.

There are millions among the billion Muslims who want to kill my family and I don't really care if these millions are the real Muslims or not or 'how the Koran preaches murder but doesn't'. When someone wears the Muslim label and wants to set off a bomb and kill my children in the name of Allah, I don't give a rat's as about the theological debates. I want Muslims to show how they aren't going to hurt my family or I want them to stay away as far as possible.

I'm no longer accepting of the 'good ' Muslim declaring how they condemn terrorism and then add a 'but' after the comment. the backhand condoning of the actions of terrorist nutbars is not acceptable.

saadia

Jun 12, 2006
Where do we get these new nutjobs.

Simple, there are bad parts of Islam, but go to Northern Ireland, the Catholic and the Protestants hate each other. Last time I checked they weren't Muslim.
Yeah well I don't see or hear about the people from Northern Ireland running around blowing up planes and plotting terrorist attacks on my country. Many of the worlds inner nations are experiencing inner strife. Yet, do we see it spilling over into the global arena?

Nut Job

saadia

Jun 12, 2006
There are millions among the billion Muslims who want to kill my family and I don't really care if these millions are the real Muslims or not or 'how the Koran preaches murder but doesn't'. When someone wears the Muslim label and wants to set off a bomb and kill my children in the name of Allah, I don't give a rat's as about the theological debates. I want Muslims to show how they aren't going to hurt my family or I want them to stay away as far as possible.

I totally agree. I am tired of the boo hoo outcry of how these terrorists are giving the 'good' muslims a bad name. I am sick and tired of these people coming into my country and failing to appreciate all the opprotunities that are available to them. They cower and hide in mosques and plot destruction of the very same country that is willing to help them. I don't even see many of them assimilating. Whats up with all the veils and crap these women wear. what the hell are they hiding. I may sound intolerant but hey thats is exactly how they are treating us. With intolerance.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
RE: Islam? Tolerant? Ye

I'm gonna say this now, cus it's giving me a headache:

ANY RELIGION, FOR WHATEVER PURPOSE IT'S GOAL/S, IS BOUND TO KNOWINGLY, OR UNKNOWINGLY UPSET A GREAT MANY PEOPLE, IT'S UP TO BOTH SETS OF PEOPLE, THE OFFENDERS AND THE OFFENDED HOW THEY DEAL WITH IT.

Simply put, in my opinion organised religion is the spawn of satan anyway, it's created to stir up the populus and turn them against another set of people, the worlds oldest war mongering.

Islam is no different, Christianity is no different, Judiesm is no different, in my opinion Buddism is about the only religion on this front that comes away with any respect, maybe hinduism as well.

ARGHHHH IT GIVES ME A HEADACHE, Stop it everyone, we are all just extra-ordinarlily clever monkeys!!!