Revelence of Religion

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
What is the importance of religion in this day and age. Does it have to concern with the language we speak, the colour of our skin. Or is it not a concern at all and all the violence that is going on in the name of religion is just radicals trying to spread fear on all sides.

In Arabic:

يذهب فوق باسم دين متطرفات صحيحة يحاول أن ينشر خوف على كلّ جوانبماذا يكون الأهمية الدين في هذا يوم وعمر. هو يضطرّ تعلّقت مع اللغة نحن نتكلّم ، اللون من جلدنا. أو هو لا اهتمام في كلّ و [ألّ ث] عنف أنّ يكون.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
RE: أهمية

On another note, Jersay, avoid using Arabic in the headers; it does not appear to be showing up correctly (at least under my browser — if it appears normally for others, then by all means, never mind).

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Re: أهمية

When I get better at Arabic I promise to teach you and anyone else interested Arabic lessons.

And I agree about the heading, It was okay in the beginning but it turned out awful

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC

Yay! Thank you! ありがとう!

Okay, so maybe Japanese doesn't quite fit the subject; but whatever. :)

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006

i must confess my bias against religion
i believe it a form of mass delusion
it think it is a primitive devisive mode of thinking
but i could be saying that because i havent found the right one

i was raised christian -- but long ago- actually at the age of 13 i turned against it-- ive always hated the old testament - it is so tribal, petty, and vengefull-- how some intellectuals could possibly equate the bible with the trully mind enhancing discoveries of the greek philosophers is astounding------

the 10 commandments -- that supposedly unique revelation in the old testament----
are fairly universal HUMAN values present in some form ar another in virtually all human societies-- they spring forth from the constitution of our central nervous systems not from an extradimensional spiritual world--
how any one culture can claim them as uniquely their own-- or that god uniquely reveals these truths to only one people is idiotic

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
Re: RE: أهمي&#15

FiveParadox said:
Is that post relevent in the least to this thread, cortez?

umm
i thought so
i thought the post was about the revelance of religion
i thought i was saying it was relevent in that it a symptom of tribal arrogance- at least the only religion i can claim to understand- or misunderstand from the inside
i suppose by picking on the old testament i was trying to rope in judaism, christanity and islam -- which are really variations on the theme of tribal arrogance-- in my opinion

sincerely - i didnt mean to stray of topic--

am i reading the post right--- i must admit im very tired right now.....

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
Re: RE: أهمي&#15

FiveParadox said:
Is that post relevent in the least to this thread, cortez?

hahah
it was joke
very good

i am totally spaced

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Revise Header! Please!

Jersay, could you click the Edit button on your first post in this thread and change the subject header to something legible, please? It is just appearing as HTML Identities to me, lol; if I am the only one having this problem though, it might just be a problem with my encoding.

Please? Thank you! :D

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB

I can see the relevence, and if religion is going to be raised as a topic, it seems that we can look at any organized religion that has manipulated our spirituality into something which I don't believe was ever intended....religion is the fuel for many of the fires raging around us .... when do ya think we'll all start recognizing the common denominators we all share and lose the need to let censored and mutilated renditions of ancient spiritual texts do our thinking for us?

orpheus

Nominee Member
Mar 14, 2006
Canada, I would presume.
RE: أهم

.... when do ya think we'll all start recognizing the common denominators we all share and lose the need to let censored and mutilated renditions of ancient spiritual texts do our thinking for us?

When George W. stops using the word "god" in his speechs.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
I do believe Religion or certain parts of religion are relevent.

I am an Asatru or Heathen follower, and I believe in the spiritual value of my gods, and the three kinds of places you can go if you die.

I hope to go to Valhalla and battle with other Viking or heathen warriors. :wink:

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
That's incredible.

Most people want to go to "heaven" and exist peacefully and meet God. Not Jersay! He wants to go to war land and beat on Vikings. Wow!

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
That's incredible.

Most people want to go to "heaven" and exist peacefully and meet God. Not Jersay! He wants to go to war land and beat on Vikings. Wow!

Because I am a Viking, or heathen that is right. I want to go to Valhalla and battle with other Viking warriors.

And besides there is suppose to be a suckling pig every day. :D

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
"And besides there is suppose to be a suckling pig every day"

Even better! :p