Do You Complain?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I bought a chocolate bar today. Dark chocolate and ginger. I was drooling thinking about it. I've had so many delicious ginger chocolate combos from other companies, and this company, Green and Black's, 'looked' like a good one. A nice wrapped, $3 a bar, organic chocolate I thought it would be a sure thing. It tasted downright rancid. I was ticked. PMS'y me, and no edible chocolate (that should tell you how bad it was).

So I actually went to the trouble of firing off a complaint to the company. Do you do this? Do you complain when you feel you've been cheated or ripped off?

Lester

Council Member
Sep 28, 2007
Ardrossan, Alberta
I bought a webcam from kensington one time around about the time when xp first came out. the driver it came with was for windows 98 when I upgraded to XPI went to the Kensington site for an upgraded driver and they informed me that they had decided not to write a new driver for it. Pissed me right off I only had the damn thing for a month and it was already obsolete- I complained bitterly but got nowhere, I just don't buy anything from them anymore- Although me mum bought some revello ice cream bars one time that tasted salty ,she bitched and they sent her a whole whack of coupons-popsicles, drumsticks,revels lots of stuff. some companies care, some don't. I just don't buy from the ones who don't.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Better to send the complaint to the company/owner than the poor sod working over the counter.

I don't complain much anymore. It's more likely that I'll stop shopping somewhere than make a complaint. Although I seem to remember calling a manger in some store a while back but I forget where and why. Maybe I have alzymers.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
That hits close to home today Lester, a friend's mom is in the hospital tonight due to what they think was contaminated meds, resulting in an infection.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I'm French/Norwegian. I have no idea where that lands me on the griping genetics scale. lol.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
I have complained or returned over bad products before - most stores will take the item back if you explain what the problem is.

As for bad chocolate at PMS time Karrie - that is pretty vile - I hope you sent a sternly worded letter! :lol:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I have complained or returned over bad products before - most stores will take the item back if you explain what the problem is.

As for bad chocolate at PMS time Karrie - that is pretty vile - I hope you sent a sternly worded letter! :lol:

I did. I was quite snarly. It was all the chocolate I had! I almost cried. :-(

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
*shudder*

No more chocolate?

There should be an emergency service you can call - like dial-a-bottle. ya. Dial-for-Chocolate.
Kinda rolls off the tongue doesn't it? :lol:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
*shudder*

No more chocolate?

There should be an emergency service you can call - like dial-a-bottle. ya. Dial-for-Chocolate.
Kinda rolls off the tongue doesn't it? :lol:

I ought to know enough to have an emergency stash. *sigh*

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Let this serve as a valuable lesson - better get some in the emerg kit. ;-)

I don't know, I don't like keeping food near my... oh... you mean the emergency food... ah, yeah, that might be a good idea.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Yes, I would have done the same as you, those bars are expensive and are suppose to
be among the best on the market.
Buying a good chocolate bar is important, it should be tasty and very satisfying, and when
it isn't, well, :angryfire::angryfire:

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
8O
I don't know, I don't like keeping food near my... oh... you mean the emergency food... ah, yeah, that might be a good idea.

oh dear. You really in the throes of it aren't ya!?!

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
well then. Better stock up all the reserve supplies ya can then... clearly you're not cut out for hard times. errrr I mean.... oh fergetit! :p