Kicking the Bucket - Pam Anderson & KFC

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Animal rights go beyond the animals - consider the effect we have on ourselves when we subject other living creatures to pain. To do so devalues life, and that might rub off onto relations between people [if thats our only concern].

Ya ya, call me idealistic, but whats the alternative to healing the world?

As for her idea that we should not eat meat at all, which is just a sideline in this campaign against cruelty to chickens, I do not agree - I like meat and it can be healthy if raised right [i.e. - without: horemones, un-necesary anti-biotics, un-natural feed]

http://tinyurl.com/2sqja9
You won't find my new release at your local cinema. My latest project is "Kentucky Fried Cruelty," an undercover exposé blowing the whistle on the cruel treatment of animals at KFC's factory farm and slaughterhouse suppliers. The video details just how horribly KFC treats chickens—birds are so crippled that they can't even walk, live birds are forced into tanks of scalding-hot water while completely conscious and able to feel pain, and Moorefield, West Virginia slaughterhouse workers kill birds by slamming them against the wall and stomping on them!

I'm calling on consumers to "Kick the Bucket" and boycott KFC until the company agrees to make some simple improvements in the way it treats animals, but so far the company has done nothing to address the very worst abuses that chickens suffer at its factory farm and slaughterhouse suppliers. The world's leading animal welfare experts have even weighed in, giving KFC detailed recommendations based on the latest research—but KFC has refused to listen to them. Until the company agrees to take animal welfare seriously, please sign the petition below to join me and other compassionate consumers everywhere in taking your business elsewhere.

- more at the link [I omitted third paragraph on meat eating]
- also, a petition you can sign.

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006
Consider the effect we have on ourselves when we actually EAT carcinogenic Kentucky Fried- or whatever they call that crap now.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
These sorts of articles piss me off for one reason, and one reason only.

Selective attacks.

Attacking McDonalds for being high calorie, yet not Burger King. Attacking KFC for farming practises, but not so much the suppliers themselves.

If you want to address the issue of chickens being mistreated, poor farming practises, animal cruelty etc., you should be doing it across the board, not targetting one business so blatantly.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Animal rights go beyond the animals - consider the effect we have on ourselves when we subject other living creatures to pain. To do so devalues life, and that might rub off onto relations between people [if thats our only concern].

Ya ya, call me idealistic, but whats the alternative to healing the world?

As for her idea that we should not eat meat at all, which is just a sideline in this campaign against cruelty to chickens, I do not agree - I like meat and it can be healthy if raised right [i.e. - without: horemones, un-necesary anti-biotics, un-natural feed]

I think that your third paragraph contradicts your first one.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Is eating meat the same thing as inflicting suffering? A quick slaughter the same as beating chickens against walls? Throwing them at crates and hoping they make it inside?

If you watch the video, you'll see it's not the slaughter that they're raising a huge issue with (unless done improperly, so that the birds are still conscious when scalded), it's the actual farming practises.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
My mother used to call it Kentucky F*cked Chicken. (she meant nothing sexual between the Colonel and the chickens by the way))

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Is eating meat the same thing as inflicting suffering? A quick slaughter the same as beating chickens against walls? Throwing them at crates and hoping they make it inside?

If you watch the video, you'll see it's not the slaughter that they're raising a huge issue with (unless done improperly, so that the birds are still conscious when scalded), it's the actual farming practises.

"suffering"??? Where do you get that? I quote the original post: "when we subject other living creatures to pain". There was no use of the word suffering in that post.

I'm not going to watch the video, because it is somehow connected to Pamela Anderson, and therefore, by definition, it is artificially enhanced, and without merit.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
"suffering"??? Where do you get that? I quote the original post: "when we subject other living creatures to pain". There was no use of the word suffering in that post.

I'm not going to watch the video, because it is somehow connected to Pamela Anderson, and therefore, by definition, it is artificially enhanced, and without merit.

I found his meaning to be fairly clear despite the strict semantics one could apply.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Does Pamela bare her boobs in the video? If not, I ain't watching. Go Colonel, go.

cortex

Electoral Member
Aug 3, 2006
hopelessly entagled
Before ya all get misty eyed about the fate of the chicken you might all do well to remember that those bastards used to be dinosaurs. And when I say bastards I mean- bastard chickens ---spherical bastards to be exact--- bastards no matter how you look at them. One of my favorite movie scenes of all time is the part in babel where Gael Garcia's character rips the head off a live chicken. Breed them- kill them -fry them-eat them. As far as Im concerned the Coronel should be promoted to 5 star general.