Cesamet

triedit

inimitable
Anyone else taking this drug? Generic name is Nabilone.

I take a LOT of pain killers. Since the wreck it doesn't seem to be working too well. So now Im on 20mg of oxycontin followed by 3 endocets a day. Plus the doc has added cesamet.

Cesamet is a canniboid pill. I am to take it at bedtime to help me relax and sleep and handle my nightime pain. I took my first one at about 11pm last night.

Slept like a baby, woke up with only moderate pain. Took my oxcyontins (and various other meds not for pain) and now Im flat out plastered. No pain, but man I can't function! Cancelled things this morning but I totally have to get my act together. Been up since 830 and it's noon and Im still buzzed. Pumping myself full of caffeine....

So does anyone else take this pill?

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
I'm willing to give it a shot if you've got some extra. A little wake and bake mixed with a hot tub have been know to do wonders. Mix in a little Bob Marley and brunch, nothing nicer. :cool:

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Tried Sometimes meds take a while to settle in...

- got this off www.Canoe.ca.com Cesamet..this is page 2 of 2

Cesamet

(nabilone)

What side effects are possible with Cesamet?

The side effects listed below are not experienced by everyone who takes this medication. If you are concerned about side effects, discuss the risks and benefits of this medication with your doctor. Your health professional may be able to help you deal with some of the effects.
The following side effects may go away as your body becomes used to the medication; check with your doctor if they continue or become bothersome.
  • More common
  • clumsiness or unsteadiness
  • drowsiness
  • dry mouth
  • false sense of well-being
  • headache
  • Less common
  • blurred vision or any changes in vision
  • dizziness or lightheadedness, especially when rising from a lying or sitting position (more common with high doses)
  • loss of appetite
  • loss of muscular coordination
Check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur:
  • Less common
  • changes in mood
  • confusion
  • convulsions (seizures)
  • delusions
  • depression
  • dizziness or fainting
  • fast or pounding heartbeat
  • hallucinations
  • nervousness or anxiety
  • unusual tiredness or weakness (severe)
Some people may experience side effects other than those listed. Check with your doctor if you notice any symptom that worries you while you are taking this medication.
Are there any other precautions or warnings for Cesamet?

Blood pressure and heart disease: Nabilone should be used with caution by people with high blood pressure or heart disease.
Drowsiness/reduced alertness: Since nabilone will often reduce the mental or physical abilities needed to perform potentially hazardous tasks such as driving a car and operating machinery, people taking this medication should not drive or engage in dangerous activities until the effects of nabilone are no longer present.
Emotional disorders: Nabilone should be used with extreme caution by people with non-psychotic emotional disorders, and not at all by people with psychotic emotional disorders.
Liver function: Nabilone should be used with extreme caution by people with severe reduction in liver function.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Nabilone should not be used by pregnant women or nursing mothers since its safety for use under these circumstances has not been established.
Children: The safety of nabilone has not been established for use by children and should not be used by this age group. Seniors: Nabilone should be used with caution by seniors.
What other drugs could interact with Cesamet?

The following medications may affect how nabilone works or increase the risk of side effects:
  • alcohol
  • barbiturates (e.g., secobarbital)
  • benzodiazepines (e.g., diazepam)
  • narcotics (e.g., morphine, codeine)
  • sedatives (any medications that cause drowsiness)
  • tranquilizers
If you are taking any of these medications, speak with your doctor or pharmacist. Depending on your specific circumstances, your doctor may want you to:
  • stop taking one of the medications,
  • change one of the medications to another,
  • change how you are taking one or both of the medications, or
  • leave everything as is.
An interaction between two medications does not always mean that you must stop taking one of them. In many cases, interactions are intended or are managed by close monitoring. Speak to your doctor about how any drug interactions are being managed or should be managed. Medications other than those listed above may interact with this medication. Tell your doctor or prescriber about all prescription, over-the-counter (non-prescription), and herbal medications that you are taking. Also tell them about any supplements you take. Since caffeine, alcohol, the nicotine from cigarettes, or street drugs can affect the action of many medications, you should let your prescriber know if you use them.
Previous |1 of 2