High Performance Electric Car - COMING SOON

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
http://www.zapworld.com/ZAPWorld.aspx?id=4560

That link to this car, soon to be available for consumers.
[more cars and ATV and so on at the 'home' link from there]

it is FAST - 644 Hp. I bet you cannot imagine that from an electric car eh.

And when you take off , all that power goes directly to turning the wheels, and thats why this car will beat a Lambourghini in a 0-60 mph race. Thats right, BEATS a Lamb.

And top speed is 155mph. ZAP!!!!

Will it cost a lot? Probably something like $30,000 but the money you save with electric cars will make it affordable for all - 2 cents per mile compared with 10 or 20 cents with gasoline cars. Or, almost nothing if you have your own solar panels to charge up a 2nd set of batteries in your garage, and then drain them into the car batteries.

It is such a beautiful thing - engineering, performance, cost of operation. We might wonder why it was not done before, and you can thank the people in power for cowtowing to the Big Three and oilmen. We DID have electric cars by Gm and Ford 15 years ago - see "Who Killed the Electic Car?" movie/documentary,

Its a shame - we could have solved global warming in the 1990s if technology had been "allowed:" to develop naturally. Instead, some oilmen got a lot richer and we invaded Iraq and stirred up a horents nest over there that we will pay for for decades to come. So much suffering and death, plus env destruiction. Needlessly.

We need to take back control of our world from the corporations and wealthy elites. Then we can have these beautiful electric cars.

-----etc:
Mark Madriga, Global TV weather dude:
"We should have electric cars by now, come on".

-----
the "Tesla Roadster" - even MORE impressive -
http://www.teslamotors.com/index.php

quotes from link:
"We are now accepting reservations for 2008 model year cars. The sooner you sign up, the sooner you’ll be going fast too."

"0 to 60 in 4 sec ; 135mpg equiv.; 200 miles per charge ; 2cents per mile"

----
Don't you want one of these? Demand the oilmen stop getting in the way!! And on top of that, if subsidies that fossil fuels get were applied to electric car production, we could all afford one, even poor people who have to drive beaters that pollute more that most cars do.
This world can be saved, but only if we demand change.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Karlin

An electric car might do 0 - 60 in four seconds and an electric car might have a 200 mile range between charges, and an electric car might go a 155 miles an hour but they won't be the same car. These people are trying to attract investors. The claims are pipe dreams, or a hoax. We've already talked about this car.

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
No, its true - look at THIS!! - Norways electric car

You are your own man juan
I will not attack you personally, but you do not believe reality?
Here are more cars - Norway now too.
Its for real you guys!!

http://tinyurl.com/ywo8s9

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
If those claims stood true and I were rich, I'd definately buy one. But almost certainly as a (landed immigrant) canadian, I'd need a gas-powered car to be my first car, since every now and then i'll need to drive a lot further than 200 miles and charging stations pretty much don't exist, right? Also I'd worry about what other gizmos i'd be forced to buy to make the damn thing work. charging station for $12,000 plus solar panels for $10,000 and I'd bet that any repairs would be phenomenally expensive since there's probably 5 men in the world who are qualified to fix them.

Great ideas... I really hope they take off

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
You are your own man juan
I will not attack you personally, but you do not believe reality?
Here are more cars - Norway now too.
Its for real you guys!!

http://tinyurl.com/ywo8s9

From their brochure:

Recharge in 10 minutes: Any battery that will get a car that size to go 350 miles will need at least 30 kWh of storage capacity. Recharge in 10 minutes is 1/6 of an hour. 30kWh divided by 1/6 hour is 180 kW. That's how much power it would take to recharge the batter. 180 kW ! At 240V, that's 750 Amps ! Which is about 10 times more current than you can usually get supplied to your house. The wires from the pole to your house would each need to be about an inch across.

9000 cycles. The best batteries top out around 1500 cycles. And you wont get that by charging the batteries at 750 amps.

0-60 in 4.8 seconds and 155 mph will not allow you to get 350 mile range.

Notice the fine print: performance, technology and equipment subject to change.

Lithium batteries are not biodegradeable.

Solar glass doesn't mean didly. You can't collect enough energy on that small surface area to do anything useful... especially when it's cloudy.

wheel motors make the wheels really heavy and adds to unsprung weight.. which makes the suspension really rough and unpredictable.

Karlin I would love for these cars to be real but the technology just isn't there.....nor is the infrastructure.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
It's not that we have all the answers now, it's that we are asking the right questions. Soon enough, the answers will come.

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
I got more proof now : Zero to Sixty in 4 secs

Karlin

An electric car might do 0 - 60 in four seconds and an electric car might have a 200 mile range between charges, and an electric car might go a 155 miles an hour but they won't be the same car. These people are trying to attract investors. The claims are pipe dreams, or a hoax. We've already talked about this car.

The first part is a bit stunning to believe, I admit that. 0 to 60 in 4 secs. Here is the Popular Science writeup on it - first sentence...

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/story?id=3173316&page=1

May 14, 2007
It goes zero to 60 in about four seconds. Its top speed is 130 miles per hour. And it doesn't use an ounce of gasoline.
"...you can go only 200 miles between charges."

Well, he does say "only". But its true: 200 miles. And a quick charge takes 10 mins and you go another whatever. Soon maybe a solar panel rootop that charges while you drive.

I know, it is so exciting. Once people start driving these, and it finaly gets on TV and stuff, the public will be angry that we could have had them 10 years ago if we had been trying. Heck, 50 years ago.

But the Lithiom Ion batteries are the kicker, thats what has been the holdup. >> quote "Tesla argues that with battery technology improving every year, each successive year's models will be better."

"The motor [is] tiny ... weighs about 77 pounds, and you could literally put it in a backpack ... "What it does is, it has one moving part. It's an AC motor, so it takes current straight from the battery and turns that into … the power that moves the car down the road."

"The entire drive line consists of 12 moving parts"

And it will cost you about 2 cents a mile, not 10 or 20 cents as in gas costs. Thats why we have not seen one yet. Thats why it won't happen. Nobody makes money except the car manufacturer and electric suppliers. Gasoline from crude has been the biggest profit maker of all, where transportation is concerned. Those people now run the world, and they sell drugs and guns and medicine in a monopolistic fashion. They have kept it from happening so far, its not over yet, something will come along and stop this electric wonder. We have to demand it man.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
I know, it is so exciting. Once people start driving these, and it finaly gets on TV and stuff, the public will be angry that we could have had them 10 years ago if we had been trying. Heck, 50 years ago.

We did with the GM EVO1 but the company took them all back crushed them because of the problem with no after market parts sales, and little if any service to the vehicles.

Most of the time they were just used to commute to work and back.
But imagine what that would do to the air if 90% of the work force in North America used something like that to commute. Would it even matter what your weekend getaway van spews into the air?

I see the only problem being that we generate electricity so poorly that the extra draw would make up for the savings in driving the car. So that would be where we need to make strides.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
with a price tag of over 100k u.s., it's going to be a very limited market.

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
with a price tag of over 100k u.s., it's going to be a very limited market.

awww, gerrry, you are such a stick in the mud!! lol
no, the first years production is allready spoken for, deposits paid, and those future owners eagerly await delivery.

THEN, the next rollout will be about half that price, and within 5 years they will be selling for about $20,000 Cdn. Tesla corp. predicts. It is much cheaper to produce a car with a driveline that has only only 12 moving parts, and an engine that you could carry in a backpack.

This is going to set regular capitalism on its head, like early Ford cars did, by actually getting cheaper over time. That has not happened since Ford's Model T.

PLEASE try to be positive about this, its a great thing. If we just slough it off, it might no happen - there will be someone trying hard to stop Tesla, you can bet on that. Maybe the next Bush-caused terror event will be the TESLA factory being bombed!! lol.... or not lol....

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Nah far more sick than that. It will be pressured financially or with government regulation and squeezed out as they roll out new big cars that have lower mileage than now. Or the company will be bought and the project scraped.

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Yup, there is a powerfull cabal who stand to lose out on a lot of profits if the electric car becomes a mass produced commodity.

Gasoline has allways been the most profitable part of transportation, duh. In about 1900 there was big discussion about what fuel to use for automobiles. Some said hemp and vegitable based oils were the way to go, others demanded that crude oil-gasoline was. It was an extension of a bigger debate about whether we should be an agricultural based world or an industrial based world.

Agricultural based world would have meant harmony with nature [no global warming either]
We would have had world peace, not two world wars, and not the modern "oil wars".

I think 'they' chose wrong. If 'progress' had taken a little longer to develop, it would still eventually have developed. PCs arriving 50 years later would not have been a problem really.... Medical advancements might have come later too, but maybe we could have all gotten the benefits instead of only the rich, and maybe we would not have had so much illness from toxins and pollution and so on.

New webpage for the Tesla Roadster -
http://www.teslamotors.com/index.php

Last edited:

Hazmart

Council Member
Sep 29, 2007
We did with the GM EVO1 but the company took them all back crushed them because of the problem with no after market parts sales, and little if any service to the vehicles.

There is a really good documentary about that called 'Who Killed the Electric Car'
It is really interesting!