Porsche says it wants to take over VW

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com

BERLIN (AFP) - German sports car builder Porsche said Saturday it wants to take control of the giant Volkswagen group, in which it already holds a 27.3 percent stake.
A statement issued after a special board meeting said that Porsche would initially raise its stake to up to 31 percent, which under German law would oblige it to make a full takeover bid.
Porsche, which said it will exercise an option to purchase up to a further 3.7 percent of VW shares, had previously denied growing rumours of a takeover move.
Shares in Volkswagen soared in afternoon trading in Frankfurt on Friday after rumours that Porsche, its biggest shareholder, was preparing a public stock offering.
VW shares were up 5.36 percent to 116.74 euros on the Dax index.
A trader said the market was speculating on Porsche making an offer on Monday with shares at between 117 and 118 euros.
Porsche had earlier expressed its intention of upping its holding to 29.9 percent, just below the limit of 30 percent that would trigger a takeover bid.
But the luxury carmaker said several times it had no intention of exceeding a 29.9-percent holding.

Copyright © 2007 Agence France Presse

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
I here yah self, some people can be really "shameful" (to put it in their words) when it comes to rep comments.

Stay strong! :D *hugs*

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
OMG, after doing that, I took to the intuition to check my rep points:

Porsche says it wants... March 25th, 2007 04:50 AM turn off the tv,,,,go outside

somebody is up to something... and what the heck! this is an online forum, the person who gave me that rep is inside on a computer writing that comment for me!

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
ok, I'll drop it, but I got this feeling that the rep you and me got is from the same person.

But I, unlike you, wouldn't have a clue who.

But lets not play the blame game, its not worth it! lol

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
the thing that gets me is, reps can be negative, but those rep comments had nothing to do with our original posts!

lol, strange indeed!