Credit Reports - Good or Bad?

Just4Me

Mar 8, 2007
I am interested in knowing what is in my credit reports so I'm thinking about contact Equifax (and whatever other Canadian credit bureaus there are) to find out what's being written about me. :evil3:

My question is: what risk is there in requesting these reports? The form for Equifax asks for a number of pieces of information including address (obviously, if they're going to mail the report), other addresses within 5 years, 2 pieces of ID, SIN (optional), etc. Wouldn't this be helping them to build a better database about me? I guess most of the information isn't anything they don't already know about me but it still leaves me a little uneasy. Needless to say I don't have a sparkling credit rating and the less information written about me the better!

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
Anytime you give our such personnel information you are taking a risk. Today with all the sharing of personnel inform across borders you never know where it could end up.

I think your bank might be able to give you at least the credit rating they use, it should give you a good idea.

Air Advocate

Nominee Member
Mar 4, 2007
You are wise to keep track of your credit score

Unfortunately Equifax does not run a good system. They help banks with a misguided look at your credit. First off do you have a five day hold on your bank account for cashing cheques?
What ever you do not give any bank permition to check your credit score every time you do it lowers your score there for increasing interest rates. There are many angles they use not all have the same system of abusing your credit but let me tell you the sooner they screw your credit the less amount of creditors will want your business unless it is at a higher rate of interest. So they in turn gain all your banking business for every transaction, they will be making money on anything you do.
If you have given permition ask Equifax for a copy of your credit score before and after each hit on your credit score just to insure your score did not change.

credit

Mar 13, 2007
Just 4 Just4me

In regards to your information and id and address query.
Equifax is just verifying the proper person is requesting that info.
They already have the info they are requesting. They are verifying its you.