Popular Science "Cellphones Kill Sperm"

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
"41% reduction in sprem counts in men using cellphones for four hours a day" [compared to men who did not use a cell phone at all] [thats me].

"Two hours = 20% reduction"

This is reported in Jan 2007's issue of Popular Science, from a study doing at the Reproductive Research Centre in Cleveland Ohio.
These are mainstream people saying this, in the magazine industry and in medical research. This is not conspiracy wonks saying this.

Well, thats good enough for me and my sons - Ditch the cellphones, they are just another of the hyped consumer products that we dont need, and then perhaps the quality of our phone calls will be better too!! {Since cellphones came along, I have had to say "WHAT? You are breaking up" more than ever before.}
And the rumours of sperm death turned out to be true too!!

Fools, I say, cellphone Fools!! - Go 'Fabreeze' something eh? -the stuff of idiots, thankfully it causes cancer so they may die BUT DO YOU HAVE TO TAKE ME DOWN WITH YOU?

idiots follow the advertisiments!!

Karlin

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
"41% reduction in sprem counts in men using cellphones for four hours a day" [compared to men who did not use a cell phone at all] [thats me].

This is reported in Jan 2007's issue of Popular Science, from a study doing at the Reproductive Research Centre in Cleveland Ohio.
These are mainstream people saying this, in the magazine industry and in medical research. This is not conspiracy wonks saying this.

Well, thats good enough for me and my sons - Ditch the cellphones, they are just another of the hyped consumer products that we dont need, and then perhaps the quality of our phone calls will be better too!! {Since cellphones came along, I have had to say "WHAT? You are breaking up" more than ever before.}

Fools, I say, cellphone Fools!! - Go 'Fabreeze' something eh? -the stuff of idiots, thankfully it causes cancer so they may die BUT DO YOU HAVE TO TAKE ME DOWN WITH YOU?

Karlin

I've never had a cell phone in my entire life, and i don't even planned to get one, even though if the researched all around the world would have concluded, cell phones are good for you.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
One question:

Have cell phones made our lives better? I remember a time when, if I was driving my car, or having breakfast, or, heaven forbid, sitting on the john, I was relatively safe from the damned phone. Those days are gone it seems. The other day I heard two young guys in a restaurant debating whether or not they should shut their phones off while they were eating lunch. Why don't we pick a day. Tomorrow would be good. At two oclock, tomorrow, we all deep six our cell phones. The collective sigh of relief would be heard all over the city.

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
I'm just wondering...if these things are killing sperm, maybe these guys have totally gotten the "phone sex" thing all kinds of wrong?

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
LOL Thomaska you aviator is scary. I hate cell phones, I keep one in the truck so I can call my tow truck guy and that's all I use it for. They annoy me, people walking around with them stuck to their heads like they are "Head of a State" important and all they are discussing is white bread or whole wheat.

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Sell Cell

ya they are intrusive too. Nobody really NEEDS to be that much in touch!!

Aside: silly files:
I made a spelling mistake - it is not "sprem", but SPERM, that I was referring to as harmed by cellphones.
I am sure you caught the mistake, because "sprem" is nothing like sperm. Sprem is just a combination of SPAM and Rem Murray the hockey player, and it doesn't come in a winkle like sperm does. Canned 'meat-like food substitute' and hockey professionals have a long history together...
Sperm, on the other hand - oops, better wash that hand, it gets sticky - sperm is the stuff of life that we work so hard to come by. Or just to come. Or just to buy.

OKthen, sorry if I got off track,
Karlin

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
maybe they spend 4 hours a day on their cellphones to their fertility advisers?

Karlin

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
The article says that men who talk on cell phones for more than 4 hours a day have lower sperm count... that doesn't mean cell phones lower sperm count.

If a man is talking on a cell phone for more than 4 hours a day, he's probably got a relatively high pressure job, and stress has been proven to cause reduced sperm count. He's also probably a member of a developed country, which could mean a chemical or dietary basis for the low count. Men in high stress jobs tend to eat more restaurant and prepackaged food, which means more preservative consumption.

Not that I'm saying cell phones are good. One of my mom's best friends died of cancer from her cell phone. But, the link doesn't necessarily mean a direct cause and effect relationship.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
I love my cell phone. I only got one about a year and a half ago, but it is amazingly convenient. I don't even have a land line anymore. People complain that they don't want to always be available, but that seems silly to me. It's easy to turn it off if you want solitude.