Which bank do you go? Do you like the services

popcorn

Nominee Member
Sep 30, 2006
Ottawa Canada
I go to CIBC love :) the service,the staff,But the caisse Populaire:pukeright: awfull services,staff can be rude,the bank rules :disgust: suck suck!!!!!!.:wave: popcorn

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
My local branch of TD/Canada Trust: where everybody is friendly and knows my name[and they should-been dealing there since 1986!]

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
I deal with two banks, I have been doing my personal banking at Bank of Nova Scotia 23 years and I have never had one complaint with their products or service. My husband and my company do business with the CIBC, I've had some serious complaints over the years with this bank because it has shoddy customer service and it's call center is in India and most of those employed at the call center can't speak English and talk to me with from a pre-designed script and this is very frustrating when you can't make yourself be understood. Now that I live in a rural area I find the level of customer service compared to the City is 100% better, my local branch manager keeps dog treats to give to the clients dogs. Hows that for service you can take your dog into the bank and not get yelled at, and the dog gets a treat.

popcorn

Nominee Member
Sep 30, 2006
Ottawa Canada
About Bank's

My local branch of TD/Canada Trust: where everybody is friendly and knows my name[and they should-been dealing there since 1986!]

Good afternoon well I'm glad that your happy with the service you have I never went to that bank at all.:wave: popcorn

popcorn

Nominee Member
Sep 30, 2006
Ottawa Canada
Good afternoon Sassylassie well I'm surprise that you did not have good services,I was there for over 26 yrs if it's not more.My husband to and is family did not have any problems at all.popcorn

gearheaded1

Never stop questioning
Oct 21, 2006
Alberta
An insider view.

My wife has worked for several banks, so an inside view is in order. Now, one should take this with a grain of salt (or perhaps a full salt lick block thrown over the shoulder), as experience and staff with vary from branch-to-branch.

RBC has the most comprehensive care package for their clients. Taking care of the client is job #1. Taking care of the employee... now that's a different topic. It's who we still use.

For the personal touch, that is, the teller knows your name and cares if you're withdrawing your RRSP while still in your Twenties... you have to go with a credit union. Capital City Savings in Edmonton and northern Alberta was famous for that. They've merged with Servus credit union, however now, so stay tuned. :blob5:

popcorn

Nominee Member
Sep 30, 2006
Ottawa Canada
For gearheaded answer

My wife has worked for several banks, so an inside view is in order. Now, one should take this with a grain of salt (or perhaps a full salt lick block thrown over the shoulder), as experience and staff with vary from branch-to-branch.

RBC has the most comprehensive care package for their clients. Taking care of the client is job #1. Taking care of the employee... now that's a different topic. It's who we still use.

For the personal touch, that is, the teller knows your name and cares if you're withdrawing your RRSP while still in your Twenties... you have to go with a credit union. Capital City Savings in Edmonton and northern Alberta was famous for that. They've merged with Servus credit union, however now, so stay tuned. :blob5:

Good morning gearheaded,I'm glad that your happy with your Bank services,I sure it can not beat the CIBC,the staff kno me quite well to,alway's a smile ready to serve you,but it's true maybe for someones they may have different experience and stories :wave: to tell .Have a good .daypopcorn

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I deal with all banks professionally..............and firmly believe they are controlled by the Dark One through demons he has set up as their CEOs.

The lower level employees can be quite nice however.............

My sister-in-law works for CIBC. She is constantly harassed by her boss. She is currently in hospital after an operation for lung cancer............her boss is only concerned about when she will be back to work. Actually wouldn't give her the entire afternoon off when she went for her pre-op.

And that is not untypical for management in ANY of the banks, in my experience.

gearheaded1

Never stop questioning
Oct 21, 2006
Alberta
the devil made me do it.

Big banks are having their way with our money, what a concept. Generally the big bank manager is prone to an oversized ego... :evil:

Because of the "smaller" feel, credit unions can be better and more home-grown feeling. It's still a bank though.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Started dealing with Canada Trust years ago because they were open Saturdays. We're still there. There have been a few complaints over the years, but none big enough to move. It doesn't matter if we move. All banks are controlled by the mob...:cwm21::laughing7:

popcorn

Nominee Member
Sep 30, 2006
Ottawa Canada
Anwser for juan

Started dealing with Canada Trust years ago because they were open Saturdays. We're still there. There have been a few complaints over the years, but none big enough to move. It doesn't matter if we move. All banks are controlled by the mob...:cwm21::laughing7:

Good evening juan,it's something I should have look for opening's on:clock: Saturday ya that's really practicle,Thank you .:wave: popcorn

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I think all banks are open on Saturday now popcorn. That wasn't the case twenty years ago. Banks used to be open ten oclock to three oclock monday through Thursday, and ten to five on Friday.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
TD bought Canada Trust years ago....

Yes, I know. It hasn't changed the service in any big way. I was a little nervous when they lost that bundle in the states a couple years ago.

annabattler

Electoral Member
Jun 3, 2005
When we lived in B.C.,we used Vancouver City Savings Credit Union....great,friendly service.

In Ontario,we now use National bank,a Quebec based bank,that took over from Municipal Trust.There's never a line-up,always someone available to handle any financial questions, no fees for seniors....and,thankfully,they've given up serving that dreadful tasting free cup of coffee.
I do get concerned when I read about the three and four million dollar salaries of the heads of some of the "big" banks....just where does that money come from?
Oh, and the National Bank doesn't seem to engage in telemarketing calls,like the TD, and Bank of Montreal.

cdn_bc_ca

Electoral Member
May 5, 2005
Vancouver
After CIBC refused to change my 200 dollars cash into US cash because I didn't have an account there, I vowed never to deal with them again. Royal Bank on the other hand, changed my money without question and they didn't charge any fees either.... and I don't have an account there too.

popcorn

Nominee Member
Sep 30, 2006
Ottawa Canada
I'm surprise about CIBC,usully it's the caisse Populaire that I have a problems.May be that lady that serve you did not kno the politic of the bank.popcorn

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Which bank do you go? Do you like the services?

Yes, my mattress provides excellent services. It provides maximum comfort, no long lines at the teller, doesn't have any "fees" and they only "bouncing" going on is when I'm doing it.