Tim Horton's Coffee

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I have never found tim hortons coffee to be "strong" so to speak, compared to a dark roast from second cup or starbucks, it's quite mild. Do you drink your coffee black or you like to mix it up?

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
LOL I love Timmies, but I cannot drink more than one a day or I'd be painting every house on the block in a day. Their coffee makes my heart race and I become extremely hyper. I take my coffee black, but Tim's Coffee is tooooooo strong so I order a "Double, Double". and a Tim Bit for the dog of course.

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
what is in tim's coffee that makes us line up around the block to drink it?

i go there a lot..but I don't now why??? must be the heroin in it????

Calberty

Electoral Member
Dec 7, 2005
Tim Hortons. Sugar, fat and caffeine. You even get to pay them for the privilege. Wow.

snowles

Electoral Member
May 21, 2006
Atikokan, Ontario
I personally cannot stand it, unfortunately it's the only coffee in the mall where I work, so on days when I forget to brew my own, I'm stuck with it.

I find it really quite bland, and they really overdo the amount of cream they put in it. My other problem is that it comes in two temperatures: scalding for 2 hours, followed by instant cold and undrinkable.

Gimme a homebrewed cup of Maxwell House with hazlenut flavoured International Delight creamer anyday of the week. I can make about 200 cups of coffee at home for about the same price as getting Tim's medium-sized coffee for a week.

One thing that I love at Tim's though is their croissants. They taste like they've been toasted but they're not. Nice and crunchy and buttery without anything on them; very good with their chilli.

Kodiak

Electoral Member
Apr 26, 2006
Nanaimo
Can not stand Tim Hortons. I was there last tuesday evening and had a coffee mocha. The white fluffy chemical that they call whipping cream was disgusting, it did not even melt in the coffee. I prefer Second Cup or Starbucks. They may be more expensive but at least it is real whipping cream.

snowles

Electoral Member
May 21, 2006
Atikokan, Ontario
Can not stand Tim Hortons. I was there last tuesday evening and had a coffee mocha. The white fluffy chemical that they call whipping cream was ing, it did not even melt in the coffee. I prefer Second Cup or Starbucks. They may be more expensive but at least it is real whipping cream.

Very true. The white chocolate mocha at Starbucks is miles above the concoction they call a cafe mocha at Timmy's (though I don't even want to think about how bad it must be healthwise).

I believe "the white fluffy chemical" they use is frothed milk, but I could be wrong.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Timmie's is anything but strong, but not too bad if you drink it black. Cream and sugar make it taste like any other coffee shop fair.
But they must put something in it that is addicting because in my town there is gridlock daily entering most Tim stores. People will block traffic for the self serving convenience of sitting in their cars to buy a coffee. Are people that self centred or is the coffee THAT good? :mad:

popcorn

Nominee Member
Sep 30, 2006
Ottawa Canada
Good evening Derke a Durke a I take my coffee with milk and sugar twin.But if I decide to drink and eat inside TIm's I usely drink my coffee in paper cup cause it keep's it hot longer,in a glass cup it get to cold.Popcorn

popcorn

Nominee Member
Sep 30, 2006
Ottawa Canada
Good evening SallyLassie yes it's true the coffee is way to strong I agry on that but I found that the donut's they sale are to greasy and give me upset stomach do you agree,popcorn

popcorn

Nominee Member
Sep 30, 2006
Ottawa Canada
Good evening OttawaBill well why many peoples go there I think cause they love the Lunch meal's and the donut's I think but I can say, the sandwich meal are very good and nutritious,with hot soup to.And for sure coffee on the go .popcorn

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Their coffee is fine though nothing special. Their donuts are crap. Small, almost tasteless and without any of the flavour and texture and inimitable goodness Woolworth's put out years ago.
I don't know why Timmie's is so popular. Good locations certainly. But definitely a mediocre product. It's a Timigma!

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Sorry but I like another coffee shop....

Supreme Bean has little drive up "shacks"....they honestly look backwoodsie and they sell great coffee mixes and blends and some baked goods as well. I haven't sampled many baked items, but have had both their hot coffees and their cold ones this summer and while I am blitzed on caffeine for a while, I love the flavors....haven't tried them all yet but no doubt there will be some I don't like.

Their "regular" coffee is still fresh and wonderful.... especially in the colder months.

I like Starbucks but not for the coffee....for the male bikerider clubs who meet there...hehe