Which charities collect these items?

Fishies

Sep 27, 2006
Northern BC
Hi everyone,

I just discovered and joined the "Canadian Content Community". This is such a great site!

I wasn't sure where to post this question, but you seem like an active bunch in the Consumer Awareness forum, so I hope you can help me. ;)

Can anyone tell me of Canadian charities - or international charities with a Canadian branch - that collect cancelled stamps, soup labels, and/or grocery receipts? I work with a number of children and we've been talking about alternative ways to "give" and support our favorite causes. I think these items (particularly the stamps) would be fun and easy for them to gather.

Thank you for your feedback,
Dee

wallyj

just special
May 7, 2006
not in Kansas anymore
I really don"t think anyone collects those things. It sounds like the cigarette tinfoil thing that was going around a few years ago. Charity begins at home. Rather than being a member of an organization that targets overseas needy,I prefer to help directly in my neighbourhood in a one on one concept. Not that there is anything wrong with helping achmed in lower slobovidia,but look around and help the ones closer to you first.