The New Elmo Doll (yes Christmas is upon us)

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
I'm not one for fad buying but I gotta tell you I saw the new Elmo Doll on a morning news show today and had to choke on my coffee from laughing...

The little red demon has tantrums, giggles, waves incessantly, curls up in a ball and rolls around while speaking all kinds of greetings and expressions..

He is a great improvement over the original and I am certain adults of all ages are going to enjoy getting him for their best Christmas gift!

I'm telling you early in case the lines get too long....

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
My daughter once gave me the Rock and Roll Elmo. If anyone wants it, come on over and get it :lol: It's one of the most annoying presents ever given me. On second thought, it is the most annoying.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
My daughter turns on those automated toys once or twice, then they end up getting donated to the Salvation Army.

Where do I find them?

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario
Oh God. I remember when the First Red Luaghing Bastard Doll came out. Kids went crazy for it, I think I was around 10 or maybe 13 myself, I rember going to the mall durning Christmas and seeing almost evryone with one of those dolls in their karts. I hated them, they have that annoying laugh. Making you want to take it in the tub with you too end your suffering and pre-emptivly save otehrs fromt he same fate.

I remember for fun though me and some friends went into Toys R Us and found the aisle with all the Tickle me Elmos and set them all off at once....It was regreated after we heard the choir of little red monsters laughing together....enough to drive one mad.

Didnt people get like stabed, trampled and beat up for the doll in stores?

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Bah Humbug

NEW YORK — Eyes still glazed over from those assault-on-the-senses trips to the toy store during the holidays? Better splash some cold water on your face, because the industry is already back with its offerings for next time, which it showed off this week at the annual Toy Fair.

Aside from the new, facially altered Ken doll, among the most buzz-worthy was the only toy that wasn’t actually seen at all. It’s the “top secret,” 10th anniversary Elmo — aptly named T.M.X. for “Tickle Me 10” or “Tickle Me Extreme” — which Fisher-Price is keeping in the closet until Sept. 20, when the $39.99 product will be unveiled in all its fire-engine-red, furry, squeaky-voiced glory.

The fact that Elmo will be hidden away for the next seven months didn’t stop the toy giant from taunting the press and industry enthusiasts with a tongue-in-cheek, smoke-and-mirrors demonstration.

Spectators were cordoned off in a dark, curtained room, teased with a fake Elmo that popped up through a trap door and shown a video of the select few who have caught a glimpse of T.M.X. reacting to it. (All of them laughed with an almost maniacal glee and used hyperboles like “amazing” and “never seen anything like it.” All of them were also forced to sign confidentiality agreements promising not to breathe a word about the product until its big debut).

“Elmo really broke the mold for pre-school products, and 10 years later, it’s taken that concept and ratcheted it up a few notches,” said independent toy consultant Chris "The Toy Guy" Byrne, one of the privileged ones who have seen T.M.X. (he was in the video). “The hype is worth it. It’s really visual. It’s very much in the spirit of Elmo, and I think people will be charmed by it.”

I wonder what they did to the Ken Doll???? hahaha

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario
Iam some what scared now to see this doll.

HAHA ken? Last I heard Ken was busy peeing in his built in underwear, after finding out Barbie was more into girls.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
LOL you guys are having some fun, I love Elmo but WC stop talking about the dreaded C word. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo shush, I can't and won't listen to the C word.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
EastSide you're a hoot!

If they grow people like you and Sassie....I'm gonna move there and spend the rest of my life getting a laugh out of your take on life....

Must be the salt air eh?

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
RE: The New Elmo Doll (ye

>_< I'm not looking forward to that stupid doll coming out. I just know someone is going to wind up getting my nephew that for christmas and I'll annoy me half to death. Haha I'm not even looking forward to christmas at all this year -_-

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
RE: The New Elmo Doll (ye

I used to love christmas, but because of everyone elses selfishness in my house, I despise it. I had plans this year to spend christmas with my best friend up in Oakville, but I had to change those plans because my mom's spending christmas with my dad in texas and my brother, his wife and their son are going to disneyworld, now I'm stuck in Utah, when I haven't seen my best friend in 2 years now.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Riyko

You have a couple of months to turn a "loser" Christmas into something new and different - as I have found when everyone has plans and I have none.

When we are locked into family and their Christmas we feel stifled and put out not realizing those are the good times - comfortable times with loved ones.

Once in a while we are faced with having to create a celebration on our own and it isn't easy going solo especially at Christmas.

You can also find other soloists to share the holiday with - find a new tradition of your very own making - and look for ways to brighten another's day instead of feeling left out.

I started serving a stint at our local mission at Christmas noon and eight years later I wouldn't trade the tradition for anything. Christmas Eve church services (whether you are religious or not) are outstanding, especially the early Christmas Eve Children's choirs - and if you are "stuck" in Utah no doubt you are able to choose some pretty spectacular events.

It's all what you make it to be - just don't settle for the grumpies.

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario
Rykio, I know what would make you ahppy, I nice Elmo doll, and a tin of C4. Hell that should be an accesorie that way ELmo haters can have a good Christmas too.