DON'T GO WITH A BELL MOBILITY PLAN!!!! PLEASE SAVE YOUR $

kubbingj

May 31, 2006
We had been with Bell Mobility for over 10 years. Their coverage had been better than the rest. But those days are gone, their phones don't work in the mall or in a lot of other places.

I was charged $34 one month and had made 4 local calls!!! I call that excessive. The phone had been purchased (yes purchased) for over $200 a year and a half before.

We cancelled our service and went with another carrier with much better coverage (suits our needs). They have had our credit balance in excess of 90 days, which they will not pay for yet another month. If we were to do the same our service would have been cancelled and we would have been charged 2% per month....Bell is "old" school go with one of the newer carriers. 8O

LittleRunningGag

Electoral Member
Jan 11, 2006
Calgary, Alberta
members.shaw.ca
Re: DON'T GO WITH A BELL MOBILITY PLAN!!!! PLEASE SAVE YOUR

$34 a month for a plan is not excessive. If you only make four calls a month, why don't you get a plan that is a minute by minute plan? Or a pay as you go? It isn't Bell's fault that you signed up on that plan.

As for the real reason why they are crap. Complete lack of customer service. The debacle of a system change that they went through last year (or was it the year before?) is a good portion of what will keep me from going back. I went six months without a bill and then they send me one in excess of $200 and expect me to pay interest on what I hadn't paid over that period? Good luck.

Since they've now revamped their plans so that text messeging is no longer unlimited, and increased the cost of the company plan... I'll be getting a Telus phone next time methinks. I don't feel like paying the same rate as the rest of you people out there. :p

Nov 27, 2006
i wish i had seen websites like this before i purchased my contract with bell.. good on you for cancelling on them... if i could... i would... bell mobility is run by a bunch of greedy money lover cock suckers.... and the customer service isnt even close to the level a company as big as bell should have...
24-48 hours you have to wait for a call back from management ... and they never actually call you back...
they suck you in with promises and rape you with "other charges"

if i have made just one person choose telus over bell... i think ive made this world a better place

Last edited:

sportmom

Apr 1, 2008
Painfully in agreement

I too wish i had read this forum. I have one child on telus and made the mistake of putting the other on Bell Mobility. Within the first 3 months the bell bill had climbed to over $400 partly as a result of bell "forgetting" to apply the right "fun" bundles - of course their billing was late and of course they couldn't retroactively fix the problem. Customer Service has been the worst. Also trying to align the billing with the terms of the contract has been an art. After nearly 2 years of service with telus I wish I hadn't listened to my kid begging for the HTC. Our experience with Telus has been great. Any challenges their customer service via the phone or store has been exceptional. I am actually considering paying bell mobility the ransom money to get away. We estimate between home phones, corporate phones and the kids bell mobility we currently pay them nearly 650 a month. Not that they care but I look forward to finding a way to get down to 0.

jenn

Electoral Member
Jan 13, 2008
we have
Bell.. expensive plans
Telus pay as you go.. 2 yrs now good for kids not using it much... but not so great in the mountains..
Rogers.. sucks, expensive and customer service sucks....
Virgin.. pay as you go good for kids not using it much.. tweens
Fido to Fido plan.. awesome.. call forward mine to home phone or where ever I am and hubby can call me all day long with his no charge except monthly billing.. works almost every where inclucing most places on the way to BC..