DVD over sea's/B5 sesons.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
missile said:
Unless they're coded with a "1",I seriously doubt any DVD will run on one of our sets.Just one of the many anti piracy thingies :(

damn, I want cheap b5 seasons!!!. I have a local making me the full set but it's going to cost me at least 100 dollars. =-( MAybe more. I want cheap chiness ones which will work! lol.

They all advertice it should work on american dvd players but the price is just too good to be true I think.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
It's probably just a chip that a smart techie could take out of the DVD, or replace it with the Asian one. I've seen them do miracles with Playstations,Gamecubes,etc. But,suppose the chip is in the DVD itself[and probably is,too]. Sony was even screwing honest customers with their anti piracy crap :(

Teriii

Jan 10, 2006
RE: DVD over sea's/B5 ses

Don`t worry, if they are bootleg - they will play on your DVD. Why? Because they are nor coded with any region code. They are zero region, they are playable on any DVD player in any country.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
I bought the Matrix Boxset in Japanese and it doesn't play on my DVD players. A friend bought a Silver PS2 from Japan and when she received it she couldn't use it, there were no refunds allowed so she now uses it as a ornament. :lol: Buyer beware..

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
b5 from China worked fine for me. Just couldn't read the season discs. So I had to find out which colour was for what season. *shrugs* took me about 5 minutes. Well worth buying it this way. Saved a butt load of money

cdn_bc_ca

Electoral Member
May 5, 2005
Vancouver
Hey Finder,

alot of the cheap DVD players can be "hacked" to play DVD's from all regions. I have a cheap Aspire DVD player (AD-900) from Future Shop that I use especially to play DVD's that are not region 1. It has played everything I've thrown at it. Since my TV can accept PAL signals along with NTSC, I cannot comment on what signal is sent to the TV when playing PAL DVD's. So if your TV can only accept NTSC signals, and you stick in a PAL DVD, you can probably play it, but your TV might not display it correctly.

If you want to check which DVD players can be "hacked" go here:
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

Just type in the player manufacturer (ie. Sony) and it will show you all the different models that can be hacked. That way, when you are shopping for a DVD player, you will know what to buy.

Hope this helps.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
lucky for me the b5 dvd's seem to work on any DVD player. Thank goodness. Though DVD's I bought in Europe (when I was there) only seem to work on cheap ass DVD players or my computer DVD player.