Webhosting

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I have tried a number of webhosts over the years. By far the best I have used is Canadianwebhosting.com (I have no affiliatiation or interest in their product - other than they make mine work). I went from host to host, was hacked through one, another was down every second day with mysql problems. A year ago I switched to this one and I think the up time is more than 99.9%. Excellent servers, reasonable price.

My peeve with webhosts is the horde or squirrel mail email programs. The email products are junk.

Plus, with all the anti-spam issues around it's hard to get a newsletter out without host servers intercepting, if done enmasse.

Anyone else have sites? Who do you use for a host? Who does Canadian Content use?

Rohan

The Devil
Mar 5, 2006
Melbourne
www.thewackylounge.com
Funpic.de (i'm using this)
--------------------------
Space: 2500 MB
File Size Limit: N/A
Bandwidth: 10 GB
PHP/MySQL
Custom CP
Ads: Floating Ads

Note: Site is in German Rolling Eyes

Frihost.
--------------
Space: 250 MB
File Size Limit: 95.8
Bandwidth: 10 GB
PHP/MySQL
DirectAdmin
Ads: No

Note: Forum posting required!

Roxr
------
Space: 200 MB
Bandwidth: 30 GB
PHP/MySQL
fantastico (I think!)
Ads: On pages with good traffic.

Note: Your ads not allowed! Sometimes the place ads on your site too!

Janhost
---------
Space: 200 MB
Bandwidth: 5 GB
PHP/MySQL
Custom CP
Ads: Adsense ads

Riley

Mar 25, 2006
Ontario
I currently use Freewebs. I set up a seperate email for websites so all the junk goes to that one, and not my personal one.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Im currantly using a server that originally was user friendly. In the midst of my contract theyve gone to using a help desk. As you can see my typing skills suck. I need a server that will get on the phone and help a "Blonde" walk through the basics with out yelling at me in email.

Any suggestions?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Self, I'm not sure. What types of service questions would you need looked after? I found I needed service a lot when my webhost was unreliable. I fixed that by finding a reliable webhost. In the last couple of years I've had one issue that needed their assistance and they were very quick to resolve by email.

Having said that, talking about webhost reliability is like talking about the shutout a goaltender will get. As soon as it is mentioned the goal goes in. I'll probably have a major server problem tonight. lol

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Re: RE: Webhosting

Kreskin said:
Self, I'm not sure. What types of service questions would you need looked after? I found I needed service a lot when my webhost was unreliable. I fixed that by finding a reliable webhost. In the last couple of years I've had one issue that needed their assistance and they were very quick to resolve by email.

Having said that, talking about webhost reliability is like talking about the shutout a goaltender will get. As soon as it is mentioned the goal goes in. I'll probably have a major server problem tonight. lol

LOL I KNOW that feeling! Our server is constantly having us make changes in this or that, updating from server 1 to server 2.......I end yup in an email fight with the tech because when I bought the contract I was ASSURED Id be able to call and get LIVE help. A few months back we lost 45 days of posts! The server finally let me know that it was the cpanel servers fault? I hired ONE server and assumed HE was in charge! Who knew!?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Who do you use selfactivated? If it is mysitespace.com, run as fast as you can.