Gillette's New 5 Blade Razor

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I knew this would happen . The cold war between Schick and Gillette kept escalating,with each company outdoing the other with how many blades they could attach onto a razor. So,Gillette now has one called Fusion with 5 blades. What does this one do that makes it superior to the last model? Probably nothing at all , but it's certain that it costs more. Being an old fashioned sort of guy,a double bladed razor suits me just fine-even the triple blade[in a pinch!],but I'll never ever use a 5 bladed razor :evil:

Freethinker

Electoral Member
Jan 18, 2006
RE: Gillette's New 5 Blad

I agree that is just plain sillyness. The orginal double blade Sensor was a serious step up because of the blades thin profile and reasonably lasting sharpness. I bought up a big pile of blades on close out and I am still using them.

I hate the continual triumph of marketing over common sense at corporation. I hope this thing flops badly.

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
RE: Gillette's New 5 Blad

Well, guys ... switch over to an Epi-Lady if you want a truly close shave! Pulls the suckers out by the roots ;) Ain't ya glad you're men???? Us chicks use that on about 30% of our bodies!!

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
if only, cosmo.

my skin is too sensitive to razors. The most comfortable solution is to use a beard trimmer to keep the hairs as short as possible without shaving. However, for those times i needed a "hairless" appearance, I had my face hot-waxed. It did not hurt as much as expected. It takes 2-3 days for my skin to recover from it, which the same timeframe as shaving and it outlasts the recovery period. Shaving is horrible.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I shave every day just because I like the pain :) Yes.I am glad not to be female-not for the shaving thing,but for the monthlies. I remember my wife using creams for hair removal[Nair?] It was a long time ago, and possibly they were found to be dangerous in some way. But,there's no reason why ladies can't use our new razors,right?