Sweet Misery - Aspartame turns to formaldehyde in body

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Ok, so maybe its just people wanting to get at Donald Rumsfeld, that warmonger from America. Apparently, he has major holdings in the company with the patent for Aspartame.

But if it is true, and I lean to that side, then it will help to be aware of the reports of dangers of Aspartame:
"It is concluded that aspartame consumption may constitute a hazard because of its contribution to the formation of formaldehyde adducts." (Trocho 1998)

"Scientific Abuse in Methanol / Formaldehyde Research Related to Aspartame " :
http://tinyurl.com/d47ba

Aspartame breaks down in the human body and forms methanol, which becomes Formaldehyde, which is toxic to life.

Clinically, chronic, low-level exposure to methanol has been seen to cause headaches, dizziness, nausea, ear buzzing, GI distiurbances, weakness, vertigo, chills, memory lapses, numbness & shooting pains, behavioral disturbances, neuritis, misty vision, vision tunneling, blurring of vision, conjunctivitis, insomnia, vision loss, depression, heart problems (including disease of the heart muscle), and pancreatic inflammation

In addition to chronic formaldehyde poisoning, Aspartame breaks down into a free-form (unbound to protein) excitotoxic amino acid. The effects from the combination of a chronic formaldehyde exposure from aspartame along with a free-form excitotoxic amino acid is extremely worrisome. It is well known that free-form excitotoxins can cause irreversible damage to brain cells.

Study Linking Aspartame to Cancer :
http://www.dorway.com/cancer_study1.html

"Rumsfeld's disease" -
A politically-induced biochemical disaster of global proportions:
http://proliberty.com/observer/20050805.htm

Most people are not aware that Rumsfeld unleashed a chemical weapon of mass destruction upon the world in 1981, and it's still out there destroying people all over the world.

That "WMD" is aspartame and it has been scientifically and anecdotally linked to millions of chronic illnesses and deaths.

Searle Co. "called in his markers" to achieve U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval for the artificial sweetener aspartame, better known by its trade name "NutraSweet."

cdn_bc_ca

Electoral Member
May 5, 2005
Vancouver
RE: Sweet Misery - Aspart

I can't remember the source for my information but I read something about a study on the effects of aspartame and found that the bodies of those who took aspartame on a reg. basis took longer to decompose then those who didn't.

So if you are consuming aspartame, you are preserving your body so to speak :-0

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005
Re: RE: Sweet Misery - Aspart

cdn_bc_ca said:
I can't remember the source for my information but I read something about a study on the effects of aspartame and found that the bodies of those who took aspartame on a reg. basis took longer to decompose then those who didn't.

So if you are consuming aspartame, you are preserving your body so to speak :-0

It was only a matter of time before DIY home embalming was a reality :p

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
I'm suprised no one's talked about that Aspartame turns to formaldehyde in the body.

:lol: :lol: I've known that for awhile and have always been wondering if the Diet Pepsi Slogan: Forever Young was supposed to be Ironic or not. It makes sense if you think of it, or is it just an accidental oversight. :lol: :lol:

cdn_bc_ca

Electoral Member
May 5, 2005
Vancouver
Jo Canadian said:
I'm suprised no one's talked about that Aspartame turns to formaldehyde in the body.

Oops. I was trying to say that in my first post. The result of bodies taking longer to decompose was because of the aspartame->formaldehyde conversion. :)

Timetrvlr

Electoral Member
Dec 15, 2005
BC interior
I think it's just another scare-mongering urban rumour. Just because some study says it's so, doesn't make it so. I'm diabetic and have been drinking diet cola with aspartane for years. Aspartane and other artifical sweetners are on the list of approved sweetners my dietician gave me. My favorite is Splenda because you can bake with it. Recently Splenda has been thouroughly maligned by the sugar industry but I still use it.

bhoour

Electoral Member
May 10, 2005
earth
Re: RE: Sweet Misery - Aspartame turns to formaldehyde in bo

Timetrvlr said:
I think it's just another scare-mongering urban rumour. Just because some study says it's so, doesn't make it so. I'm diabetic and have been drinking diet cola with aspartane for years. Aspartane and other artifical sweetners are on the list of approved sweetners my dietician gave me. My favorite is Splenda because you can bake with it. Recently Splenda has been thouroughly maligned by the sugar industry but I still use it.

I also read a study yrs. ago, on how bad it was for you. My friend researched the effects on the brain and it's functions for a university paper. They never used to have to list it as an ingredient in any product it was used in. I believe the issue was forced in the late 90's. It is found in most chewing gum, even ones that have been sweetened with sugar.
Aspertame is believed to cause brain damage in children. I worked in the food industry for yrs. and would cringe when someone ordered a diet drink for their kid. I say, let them eat sugar.

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Re: RE: Sweet Misery - Aspartame turns to formaldehyde in bo

Timetrvlr said:

K - I hope I am not disturbing you with this stuff, but I have some observations... for starters, the sugar industry isn't the only ones saying Aspartame is toxic.

Secondly, the Doctors and Dieticians are in on it at the ground floor. They go to the schools where this propaganda starts. Of course they have to believe it, they are in debt up to their eyeballs and need to work.

Finally, No, web-info is not to be trusted completely, but neither is the federal regulators who are involved with the corporations who make the stuff. Rumsfeld, for eg., is a former director of both corporations and the FDA.
Produce crap, approve crap - same people. Just 'cuz its on the shelf don't make it safe my friends.

Does Aspartame actually CAUSE your diabetis? A radical thought, but it would help sell Aspartame when they tell you thats the only sweetner you can use now that you have diabetis. { "Cause the problem, and the Offer the Solution" applies here.]
It seems to have come on at the time you switched to it....

The "Toxicity Effects of Aspartame" - link - says these two symptoms are from Aspartame:
diabetes and diabetic Complications
blood sugar control problems (e.g., hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia)

http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/

Googled more links, info -

"Natural Treatments for Diabetes"
http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/diabetes.htm

"Splenda is made using a chemical process that uses chlorine and carbon monoxide to make a lethal gas called phosgene"
http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/board/about39039.html

Aspartame -- The More Dangerous "Sugar" :
http://www.karlloren.com/Diabetes/p12.htm