NEWS Consumers getting ripped off

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
NEWS consumers? Whats that you ask?
- those who bought a TV and paid for cable and are now watching the news hour, consuming the news. In a roundabout way, they DID pay for it...

The problem is the way the major stories are being carried, or not carried.

Media,the news anchors, esp those on TV - the most influential medium for western society - those wags are playing a game with the truth that should be criminal.

Telling 'this side' of a story, and omitting the rest of the scenario and opinions, is propaganda. This is, supposedly, a time of war where truth is said to be the first casualty, and so we must be vigilent and not more permissable in getting the whole story, and news anchors have a double duty as they are mandated with that burden of truth. There will be a law for that when I am Prime Minister.

CBC had a person from "Geurilla News Network" [GNN] on the CBC Sunday Report [with that suckup Evan Soloman]. GNN is willing to tell the stories and opinions that the major networks will not.

I happen to have GNN bookmarked, and I use it a lot for my posts. I beg you to scan it daily and print off stories and leave them in public places. Be a guerilla for the truth!!! [you will feel young again].
here is the link to daily news at GNN:
http://www.gnn.tv/

Cudos to the CBC for putting him on, being that GNN is critical of standard media like CBC. They could have let him spill more beans though. Thats what I mean - even when the "news" tell us about conspiracies, they still don't let the cats out of the bags, leading people to believe there really is no 'cats in bags' [untold news stories and opinions], or that they are not so bad anyways.

Of the half hour of "news" we get,
9 minutes is ADS ;
3 minutes of "street crime" right at the start of the news [never corporate crime, or very superficially like Martha Stewart's 'crime'] ;
1 minute of chit-chat between anchors ;
4 min weather,
4 mins sports....
4 mins of financial news that nobody but high-rollers could possibly care about or actually relates too, but we like to pretend we are up on major financial trends by seeing the stock market quotes [dumbasses!!]
and the remaning minutes go to "product promotion" like showing off the new car lines or some "interesting electronic gadgets" that pass as news because it is the new promotional campaign, or pushing "candy for the holidays" and the other trappings [accessories] of halloween or , ugh, $hristmas.

?And thats the essential awareness of our world according to the people who's job it is to bring us the news?
- Hardly enough of what happened is covered.
I call that a conspiracy. We will have to demand better if we are to get thru to the truth that is essential for developing well rounded opinions of the masses.

Karlin
PS - a Media conspiracy indicates a larger conspiracy, I hope you all get that....

Durgan

Durgan
Oct 19, 2005
Brantford, ON
www.durgan.org
Television News is entertainment. Certainly nobody with a brain considers it fully informative. At most the anchors are bugle callers. Newspapers are similar. Granted there is some information in all media with the slant desired by the author.

The internet has presented to the world a means to get other slants on so called news stories. Individuals who care or have a desire can research, and arrive at a view based on most of the information available.

The media had a captive audience until the internet arrived on the scene. Thinking people can go further with relative ease today via the internet. There is access to newspapers and blogs all over the world. I personally never buy newspapers anymore. My news comes from various forums and online newspapers, plus extensive reading of books by various authors past and present.

I must admit it takes much effort to separate fact from bullshit, but it is worth the effort. It is a matter of balance, sifting the evidence and arriving at your own conclusion has its rewards.

An open mind with a bit of scepticism helps separate the facts from the bullshit. The person making the judgement call must be able to change an opinion based on new evidence, so any view shoud not be written in stone, meaning subject to change.

Believe what you must, but be willing to change beliefs based on a cogent opinion or new facts. In the real world sometimes compromise is required, sort of like I respect your opinion and I am glad we agree to disagree. Lying through your teeth but it prevents war.

Durgan.