China, become so famous manufacturing coutry in the world

Durgan

Durgan
Oct 19, 2005
Brantford, ON
www.durgan.org
RE: China, become so famous manufacturing coutry in the worl

China products have excellent quality and reasonable price. Private enterprise with some some restraints seems to be working miracles in China. They have reason to be proud.

My name is Young, for a joke sometimes I say I am the Anglo-Saxon branch of the family, when meeting a Chinese person.

Durgan.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Re: China, become so famous manufacturing coutry in the worl

China is blatently copying a lot of things. Telescopes come to mind. As a buyer of some of their telescopes, I wouls say their quality control is sadly lacking. I'm sure it will get better, but right now, examine any telescope very carefully before you buy it.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: China, become so famo

China does make a lot of products that are of poor quality. That isn't because they can't make better, but because they are being paid to create low-quality, low-cost products.

I remember when camera manufacturers first starting having some cameras built in China. A lot of people insisted on the ones made in Japan instead (same model, same price). The thing is that there was no difference in quality. The camera company paid more for a better product.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Re: China, become so famous manufacturing coutry in the worl

China has just bought Celestron, on of the biggest and best telescope manufacturers in the world. I'll be interested in how things go.

Durgan

Durgan
Oct 19, 2005
Brantford, ON
www.durgan.org
RE: China, become so famous manufacturing coutry in the worl

China will be the Japan of tomorrow only larger.

IBM's deal to sell its Personal Computer Division to Lenovo Group Ltd. for $1.75 billion.

IBM has set in motion a multifaceted strategy that allows it to exit a low-margin PC business but, through an 18.9 percent investment in Lenovo... Unquote

IBM's Big Ticket to China
Channel Insider, The, December, 2004 by Jeffrey Burt
URL to the facts.
http://solminta.notlong.com

Durgan.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: China, become so famo

That could happen, Durgan. I mentioned cameras before. Japanese cameras used to be considered crap. German optics were the only way to go. During the Vietnam War, Japanese lenses started showing up with Leica mounts on them. By the end of the Vietnam War, most of the correspondents were using Nikons.

The real problem is China's human rights and environmental record. The environment wasn't a real concern when Japan was becoming what it is today, and it's human rights record was constantly improving. That isn't the case with China and their abuses of the environment and human rights amount to a subsidy. If they don't improve, there is going to be a serious backlash in the years to come.