Rogers customers recently SCAMMED - Plz read

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
http://ca.geocities.com/rogers.cuts@rogers.com/index.html

Basically. Rogers started it's High Speed Extreme service with increased 5mbits downstream connection which you got if you bought the modem from them.

Anyways, after they grabbed a bunch of customers, they cut their Usenet service by around 1200% or more. From 5mbits/second to 256kbits/second.. (Note, we're not talking bytes, were talk bits which are 1/8 of a byte).

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
I switched to SHAW's Extreme Speed and I only noticed improved at some sites(Apple ,microsoft). Not worth the money since in my area after 5 p.m. the so called high speed/extreme speed slows down to almost no speed.

SHAW does not seem to want to adress the problem that is, if half the neighbourhood is on at same time, speed slows waaaaaaaaay down. They never mention that in their ads though.

Is Telus any better?

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
I switched to SHAW's Extreme Speed and I only noticed improved at some sites(Apple ,microsoft). Not worth the money since in my area after 5 p.m. the so called high speed/extreme speed slows down to almost no speed.

SHAW does not seem to want to adress the problem that is, if half the neighbourhood is on at same time, speed slows waaaaaaaaay down. They never mention that in their ads though.

Is Telus any better?

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

Is Telus any better?

Micjovan

Jul 3, 2008
Rogers related

This isnt' the first time Rogers has done something to this effect. In 1994, Roger's cable sent out letters to the customers and if you didn't reply you wold be billed I think it was $89.00 for unwanted services. This was a cash grab that costs the consumer and is now illegal.

There first so called pay as you go cellular phone contract. In fine print was a 2 or 3 year contract. So it wasn't really pay as you go.

Just the other day, I received Proactive from the shopping channel (aka Roger's media) with a credit card bill because they decided to put me on the auto delivery program. I DID NOT ORDER THIS OR ASKED TO BE PUT ON AUTO. But because I did place an order over 2 months ago they can use your information accordingly to there plan. Now, it is my reponsibility to send it back and pay for insurance.