Multi Level Marketing should be illegal. No Buts. (serious)

Giraldi_Theirrey

Electoral Member
Jun 23, 2004
Okay lets cut the jokes. Especially for you Peapod. ONE MORE TIME THIS IS A SERIOUS POST!!

Absolutley no good can come out off multi level marketing these days. It is the human nature that disables this method of product distribution to be effective. People just recruit and forget about the product. Looks good on paper but practically no because of human nature. Human nature itself conflicts with this ideology of marketing.

It might sound humiliating because I have fallen into a Multi Level Marketing scheme once. I take offence that some people claim that only "idiots" fall for this trick. I think it is about the timing not whether one is smart or not. Even the smartest will fall for the simplest trick sometimes.

Those ugly, two faced, bottom sucking, genital eating and inhumane multi level marketing scammers got me at the very wrong time. You see, I am in one of those very tough times in college. The stress was high, the economy sucked in the industry that I am studying for and being all alone and cut off from most of the world.

Almost to the verge of nervous breakdown, I needed relief. It was at that time these demons found my resume from the internet and called me. He did make me sound comfortable and knows that I sounded stressed and I needed relief. So I went to them and instead of expecting some opprutunity, what I got was something like a cult to pump you up. All bull-dung. Hell, even bull-dung smells better then them.

They go after only the poor and recently immigrated, with very hard to understand english.

I lost some money because they claimed that I must pay a fee to join. Good thing I didn't pay anymore, because after awhile they will ask you for more. That F***ing scammer even DEMANDED that I take a loan from the bank and invest in him, ha yeah right......

They only want you to ruin the lives of your closest friends because they never want you to sell the products to people you don't know. In what they call a WARM-Market. Not only that, they will call up people you know and tell them that it is you who referred them to the scam. That is so cold!!! It didn't happen to me but I saw it happen to someone, in which he almost broke down and cried. ARRGGGGG!!!!

WHY can't it all be right out illiegal??? What is the government heisitating on??? This is a BIG HUGE problem, do you even know how many lives it ruined in the past?? Why is everyone so quiet??

Multi Level Marketing is a system that fails because of human nature. Forget about the what if's because that is all useless excuse. Some people don't wanna work that is why they try to recruit people like mad instead of selling the product, they sell you.

Does anyone agree with me? What do you think? Multi Level Marketing should be outright illegal.

Franchise is a franchise. Some people get them mixed up. Franchises focuses on products. Multi Level Marketing focuses on innocent people's money. Franchises don't focus on recruiting.

So what makes it legal?? A product? Nope, it rarely gets anywhere. Besides it is a bad form of marketing all together, alot of people aren't prepared to make a decision right away to buy something at the door. That is why we have shopping malls, so that if people are in the buying mood they will go to a store.

So Peapod, I expect you to post a movie line again. A movie that has a multi level marketing scam in it, yes??

This is just for you Peapod:
What happens when an multi level marketing salesman tries scam California Govenor Arnold Schwarznegger?? He gets TERMINATED!!! So what movie did you watch that invovles the scammer being terminated? No more king arthur and holy grail jibba jabba now.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Re: Multi Level Marketing should be illegal. No Buts. (serio

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Its always the fly buzzing around your head that really drives you nuts :lol:

Is it true that cannibals wont eat clowns because they taste funny?

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
RE: Multi Level Marketing should be illegal. No Buts. (serio

I've done the MLM thing. I did quite well - earned me and my husband a cruise to Mexico - and I met a lot of great people. I wouldn't do it again, as I prefer to be home weeknights now, but I had a great time.

Now, I prefer to host the parties, and let someone else do all the work. I don't make money, but I get a lot of free product.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka

LadyC: Like Amway or Melaleuca? Man, I had a bunch of those Melaleuca women trying to get me involved in their schemes.

What was that other one? It was originally a dot-com... hrmm.

Isengard

Electoral Member
RE: Multi Level Marketing

Ah Andem! My mom was in Melaleuca for more than a year!! I tried by all means to convinced her that it was major BS but she didn't hear a thing!! They are brainwashed to believe everything they say and they learn answers to all possible questions you might ask them. They all have those research made by the company to prove how great their products are. Yeah right, it's not really objective when you're the one giving yourself flowers.

Anyway, I'll never fall for something that you gotta buy for a minimum amount every month and for products that nobody knows of except for the people involved in this company.

Stay away from those!

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast

No no no! Not Melaleuca. I had one of those "ladies" try to guilt me into buying her products. I ended up telling her I liked my bleach and Swiffers - and Easy-off is the absolute best way to clean an oven - all those fumes are good!

I sold Discovery Toys and Princess House (crystal and other fine giftware), and I've had loads of PartyLite (candles) parties. Most MLM companies are good - but there are a few bad apples out there. And bad reps as well, which in turn gice the company a bad name.

A good MLM doesn't require you to buy the products upfront, and pays you a commission based on sales.

mlmleads

Dec 5, 2004

If you have the ability to make money in MLM it should be fine. Good points view though.

JorCON5

Dec 14, 2004
St Catharines ON

For every dollar you make on MLM 10 is stolen from an innocent person. MLM is far to easy to abuse. If you want to make money go out and get a damn job.

cdn_bc_ca

Electoral Member
May 5, 2005
Vancouver

I always tell the would-be MLM'ers with huge dreams of making millions that if it were that easy, everyone would be doing it. They usually don't have anything to say after that.

Personally, I have a few relatives who got sucked into Amyway and Nuskin. Usually, they get into it for a while, then when they realize the return isn't so great, they quit. But the more important point to consider is that they ended up killing a few relationships along the way.... because people don't like to be coerced into buying things they don't need... and when people feel pressured, they usually back off or stay away. MLM'ers usually don't realize this until it's too late. There was a time when I brought a friend to a party and she started making her sales pitches. I really didn't think she would do this at a party.. but I was wrong. I could still see the faces of those she was pitching her products to. I felt a little embarrassed to say the least.

Sometimes when I'm sitting at Starbucks and I happen to overhear an MLM recruiter doing his thing, I sorta feel sorry for the person that's going to be suckered into it. Every now and then I would hear that person say "Yeah, I can get my dad into that" or "Yeah, I think my sister would interested".... :roll:

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now

My ex-wifey got sucked into the Melaleuca thing. I wasn't impressed at the time. Although she wanted to talk to me about the idea and even arranged me to meet her "friend", she was already convinced to go along with the program whether or not I agreed.

The meeting was interesting though. The lady came, and instead of giving information on the process of distribution she just had a pitch on the benefits...even nice glossy photocopies of her "weekly" paycheck. Either way I felt that there was something inherently wrong with the setup and the Bitc* was making it sound waaay too easy.

Nevertheless as I said the Ex was already convinced that it was a good idea and went along with it regardless. In the end it turned out to be more work than she could handle and she kept paying for stuff for about a year until the financial uselessness of it all dawned on her....in the end my signature says it all.

snoproblem

Nominee Member
Mar 18, 2005

I remember my dad being sucked into Amway for a couple of years, when I was little. I got the feeling he regretted it not long after.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: Multi Level Marketing

I even tried Amway when I was in gr.11. Found out how hard it really was to make money and very little money. You have to suck in new recruits to start making some sort of half descent money.

hjxfabio

May 30, 2005
Singapore

Firstly, just to say a hi to all of you. I am from Singapore. And MLM is really something that bothers me right now. I guess some of you would now that Singapore is a small company, but there are now around 400 MLM companies.

When I'm approached by them, I gave them my views. They would replied as follows.
1) Me: Where is the consumer base of the products?
MLM: You cant look at it in a salesman's point of view. You have to look at it in a business point of view. We are here to open markets, not to do retailing.

2) Me: Why is the company focusing more on recruitment, rather than on the products?
MLM: We are here to open markets, to conquer the world. If you are focusing on the products alone, you wont go far. Your base would be just where you are.

3) Me: Why do I have to pay for samples or brouchers? Shouldn't those be provided by the company?
MLM: Today you are running your own business, of course you are paying for your own expenses and such.

Have any of you encountered such people from MLM before? How do you guys react usually?

Sorry for the long post.

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004

Do the MLM ever sell anything that is not useless junk?

Is there even one product "that you can't do without"?

They are all toxic, made of plastic, overly processed and packaged. Its just so much JUNK!!!

And ya, its a clue when they pander to getting more sellers than buyers. Its like a pyramic scheme.

One answer is to limit your purchases to things you need, and not things "they tell you you need". Wait until you need it, then go look at it before you buy it. Insist on low-toxic, environmentlly friendly products.
The MLM s have no way to adjust their product lines to what the consumer demands, and why should we settle for anything less?

Consumers have a lot of power, we just have to demand that we are listened to, and we can do that by refusing to buy junk.

If we stopped buying it, they would stop making it!!!
:D

cool_jedi

Apr 14, 2005

I am very in the mood to blame anything and everything at the garbage junk that is the whermacht today. Read my previous posts and you will know what I am talking about.

Con artists like mlm folks could be whermacht remnants in disguise. They con you for the money and then use it to conquer the world. They may be in their 80's and 90's but it doesn't change the fact that they are still desperate to eat people.

You ever watched Soylent Green?? That is a whermacht idea.we must stop the remnants now.

wayx3

Oct 2, 2005

Why do you people have to attack the business model here? First of all, MLM is not a bad business model, the only reason why MLM gives people the bad name because of the people that abuse it, you can't blame you failure to the company just because you're lazy and expect the product to sell itself, I gotta be honest with you here, if you really concern and want to know the Truth who's been ripping you off, FIND OUT: http://www.freewebs.com/wayx3/index.htm YOU'LL BE SURPRISED!

cdn_bc_ca

Electoral Member
May 5, 2005
Vancouver

I think it's a bad business model because A) potential customers are not coming to you, you are going to them. B) MLM noobs target their friends and family.

I've had many MLM'ers approach me with their products. Each and every time I get the same feeling... to sum it up, it's not a happy feeling.

Alot of MLM schemes have a type of system that forces the MLMer to maintain a level of activity to maintain a certain status. Be it sales or whatever. This forces the MLMer to get some quick sales and usually their immediate friends and family are targets. While this may not be a bad thing, this may have a negative effect on the relationship.

Also, what bothers me the most is that in order to become an MLMer, you need to buy their goods in order to use it in demonstrations or whatever. Usually, this cost is non-refundable.

wayx3

Oct 2, 2005

Look, no matter what business you're in, Marketing is Marketing, any businesses is about marketing. Because Marketing is the King of King, even above real estates. For one, I am an distributor of an MLM/Network Marketing company, but I don't consider myself as an MLMer/Network Marketer, but I'm consider myself as a Direct Marketer just because I'm an experienced marketer!

The reason why many so many people join network marketing and why so many MLMers target the friends, family and their associates (we call it warm market) because they're inexperience in marketing. and , as an experience marketer myself, I don't target any family and friends and associates or any other warm markets.

But I do buy my products from my mlm company because they offered me the quality products at an affordable prices as buying it in wholesales that save me money in the long run when the company compensates me as rebates, so most of the stuff anyone would have to hop on wal-mart or costco or sam's club to get them, I get them at my own business, what's more, I saved more times, saved more gas money and improved my health, wellness and the quality of my lifestyle just by doing it like that, I just loved them and I'm marketing the same concept I used to all my prospects and most of them have converted their livings and applied the concept just like me and some became my downlines, although some them are not looking for making money except being a bustomer, but they're very happy for it!

Finally I only see MLM/Network Marketing as a distribution channel, or delivery service, not an industry, only inexperience Networkers and MLMers see it this way. Even though I'm an MLMer, but I also sell many stuff outside of MLM/Network Marketing companies, but my main focus is to build this one big. if you are not convince enough, check out http://www.freewebs.com/wayx3/