EGGIES Bah!!!!

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Everyone must have seen that infomercial...

Eggies 2011 Commercial - YouTube
And the prduct review
Eggies are very convenient, making them perfect for working people, stay-at-home moms, babysitters and grandparents. They are dishwasher safe too. Imagine making dozens of delicious deviled eggs without peeling a single shell! Eggies makes it easy for you to enjoy not only making but eating egg salad sandwiches. Cook soft boiled eggs for Eggs Benedict, sliced eggs for Chef’s salad.

If you look inside, you will see that it cooks like a real shell; the egg easily slides out when it’s done. Since it’s out of its shell, you can add your own seasoning before it’s boiled. Eggs will have the perfect taste that your kids will love to eat. Eggies cook so fast that you can make six Eggies eggs in less than 30 seconds! Use the ‘2-in-1’ Eggies Separator to make yummy egg whites without the cholesterol, with its different slots, the no drip slot and separator slot.

Make delicious fat free scrambled eggs by simply shaking the double sized Scrambled Eggies and cooking. Add ham, cheese herbs and seasonings to make the sure-to-please omelet with the Jumbo Omelet Eggies.

The real product review.....

Eggies - product review - YouTube

OK my wife and I got suckered at Canadian tire yesterday.:-(

But thinking of the guy in front of me that bought two...makes me smile:lol:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I guess the moron Jack should learn how to read the instructions..... but hey..... he's american.

I would say he didn't use enough "oil" and that he didn't screw the collar on tight enough. He is also, obviously, spatially impaired as he has problems getting the egg into the container.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I guess the moron Jack should learn how to read the instructions..... but hey..... he's american.

I would say he didn't use enough "oil" and that he didn't screw the collar on tight enough. He is also, obviously, spatially impaired as he has problems getting the egg into the container.

I didn't spill any because I cracked the eggs in a measuring cup first...
But out of the box, two of the caps wouldn't thread in at all (cheap plastic), and even though I'm the one who tightened the rims (not my wife), they leaked in the pot , same as the video...and on every one of them, to get the eggs out, I had to slip a narrow peeling knife between the egg and the plastic to break the vacuum, and the egged popped out...
I didn't even bother to clean everything before putting it back in the box to return it to-morrow.
The only thing that worked is the egg yolk separator and before watching the guy in the video.....I kept it:smile:
But Gerryh....don't believe me....go buy one

It will end up cheaper for you than the guy years ago that didn't listen to me when I wouldn't recomend his buying a water bed....
When he ended up with a sore back after a month and had to get rid of it...he said...Andy, I should have listened to you:lol:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Your waterbed guy got off lighter than a friend I told it wasn't a good idea. Darned thing was only about half full before it went through the floor and landed on the kitchen....

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
A neighbour of mine used something like that..one winter.
I don't know if there was any damage to his roofing paper but he sure had a lot of gravel coming off the paper in his eavestroughs and spouts...
What you need is proper sophit venting....
...and it's so easy.... I used up the three-foot lengths of garden hose a German Shepherd hewed into the reel - over the insulation and into the attic

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Goofy crap.
We take a pot with water in it, add about a tsp of vinegar, boil the water, add eggs, and wait. When the right time has gone by, we empty the hot water and run cold water into the pot of eggs, empty and thump all around the eggs with a spoon, and peel. Most of the shell is held together by the membrane and almost falls off by itself.
Takes about 10 seconds to de-shell an egg and all you have to wash is a pot and a spoon, both of which are multipurpose items.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Just more plastic to come tumbling out of that one cupboard whenever you try to open the door. No thanks, I'll leave it at the store.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Goofy crap.
We take a pot with water in it, add about a tsp of vinegar, boil the water, add eggs, and wait. When the right time has gone by, we empty the hot water and run cold water into the pot of eggs, empty and thump all around the eggs with a spoon, and peel. Most of the shell is held together by the membrane and almost falls off by itself.
Takes about 10 seconds to de-shell an egg and all you have to wash is a pot and a spoon, both of which are multipurpose items.

Try a teaspoon of baking soda, the exact opposite of vinegar....works even better...crack all around the egg with the edge of a spoon and a small puncture on both ends to release the vacuum and the shell will invariably come off in two pieces...

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Try a teaspoon of baking soda, the exact opposite of vinegar....works even better...crack all around the egg with the edge of a spoon and a small puncture on both ends to release the vacuum and the shell will invariably come off in two pieces...

Neat, I usually just shuck them while they're still hot. I've found it's typically when they've cooled down too much that the membrane seems to stick to the egg.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
We do the cold water rinse thing too, no vinegar or baking soda though, just plain old water. I guess it's the sudden temp change that causes the shell to separate from the egg, peeling is always a breeze.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
We exchange gifts during the Holy Winter Solstice. I received an eggy. It makes the eggs look like moribund tulips and taste like plastic plants. Interesting...

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Might try that. Might not. It isn't as if de-shelling an egg is a monumental project. lol

Actually, I had a couple soft-boiled eggs on toast this morning and didn't even use the spoon. I just rolled the eggs under my hand on the chopping block and the shells came off easily.

We do the cold water rinse thing too, no vinegar or baking soda though, just plain old water. I guess it's the sudden temp change that causes the shell to separate from the egg, peeling is always a breeze.
All the vinegar does is seal the eggs if they happen to be cracked or to crack during boiling. Just found out that salts (like baking soda) will coagulate proteins in the eggs. This makes the membrane separate from the egg whites easier. Adding salt seems to take the place of the cold water part. But I like the cold water because it separates the white from the membrane and cools the egg enough to be able to touch it.

lol I don't want to try that with a soft-boiled egg.
10 minutes seems like a long time for a hard-boiled egg to me. 6 or 7 minutes is fine around here.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I saw the title and I thought the topic was going to be about the Easter goodies (named Eggies, naturally). Imagine my disappointment...:(

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I saw the title and I thought the topic was going to be about the Easter goodies (named Eggies, naturally). Imagine my disappointment...:(
There's something I haven't heard of, chocolate coated hard boiled eggs. Feed um to the kids first, just in case they suck.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
There's something I haven't heard of, chocolate coated hard boiled eggs. Feed um to the kids first, just in case they suck.

LOL! They're just regular small chocolates shaped like an egg, with a hard-chocolate shell coating. They are pretty tasty!