I need a little help please

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I thought I would never forget how to do this but - I have for the moment at least and since it's driving me around the bend - I'm asking for immediate assistance. I believe it was Dexter who explained to me, how you "turn off" the touch pad on a lap top computer. Today my son used mine and he turned it back on and I'll be darned if I can find where to look for it so I can shut it off again. I need to go to bed but I would like to find out before I do that if possible. I responded to one post 3 times tonight and deleted it without realizing what I was doing and that's when I finally realized my computer had been sabotaged.
Thanks.
VI

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
When i plug my mouse in to my laptop it just works along with the touch pad.
I can use either.

Ok, now I get it. I have never owned a laptop (don’t see any use for it), so it wasn’t immediately clear to me.

The touch pad is a nuisance, very difficult and fussy to use. A mouse works much better. But I didn’t know you could actually turn it off.

Anyway VanIsle, so what is the problem if you leave it on and just not use it (only use the mouse)?

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
When i plug my mouse in to my laptop it just works along with the touch pad.
I can use either.
I know that Kakato but a simple brush (unknowingly) over the touch pad can delete a whole letter that I've spent a half hour writing (and thinking about) in that one simple brush of a thumb or whatever. I am never aware that I've done it until it's over and my page is blank.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Thank you. I could not find this thread last night and was just too tired to do a lot of searching. As it turns out, I was remembering correctly, the page just looks very different then it did the last time I visited it. Nothing on it is working right. I did allow my grandkids the use of my computer and now realize that little fingers have been where they should not have been. I cannot get to where I want to on that page as anything I click on will not work. My son is very good with computers and has the identical laptop so - I will just take it over to him to fix for me. I knew I had other things out of whack and didn't realize until now why. I guess the kids simply don't get the use of my laptop anymore. My husband sat down to use his last night and his first question was "have the kids been using my computer?". I don't know what they changed on his but the only solution is to re-connect the old desktop. They both have their own laptops but only one brought his with him so we tried to even things out by allowing the use of ours. They think they know more than they do.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
VI - if you ever accidentally wipe out a post nere, you can get it back by hitting the 'undo' button in the posting window.

Quite. If you are using a word processor, go to ‘edit’ in your word processor and click on ‘undo’. However, be sure to do it immediately. ‘Undo’ undoes only the most recent edit.