Addiction to the Internet

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
With so many site, programs and things to do on the Internet how many hours do you spend on the internet...

Do you find yourself at home / work visiting such of the following sites

1) Forums
2) Facebook
3) MySpace
4) Chat sites or spending a lot of time one Messengers ( Yahoo, MSN, ICQ )

Do you constantly check

1) News sites ( CBC, CTV, Canoe )
2) Financial Sites ( Stockhouse, Yahoo Business, E-Trade, TDWaterhouse )
3) Workopolis, Monster, Headhunters

Are you always on game sites

1) Pogo
2) Yahoo Games
3) Facebook Games
4) Poker ( any of the many ) gambling

If you spend any time on any of these, for non-work realted browsing, you are ripe for dismissal at work.

Beware the Wandering Mouse

Here is an interesting test to see if you are addicted to the Internet..

Internet Addiction Test (IAT)

Just a reminder that the internet is a tool..

hermite

Not so newbie now
Nov 21, 2007
950 Snowupthearse Rd. Can
Well I guess I am. I just went 2 days with no hydro here and I thought I would have a nervous breakdown, from no internet. 8O

I have a laptop with a battery that's good for 2 hours so I would fire it up every now and then and play Solitaire, just to help me get through the withdrawal jitters. Better now, though. Whew. :p

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Score: 32

"You are an average on-line user. You may surf the Web a bit too long at times, but you have control over your usage."

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Score: 28

"You are an average on-line user. You may surf the Web a bit too long at times, but you have control over your usage."

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I scored 41 and got the 'average online user' shpeel.

In reading through the questions, it became clear I'm not addicted, just bored out of my skull. If something better comes up, I happily trot off and don't give the net a second thought.

GroundWater

Electoral Member
Oct 27, 2008
Gibbons
I have 2 in the basement, 1 in the kitchen and 1 in the garage and a laptop just in case, I use the net for quite a bit, from banking to cooking, mechanics to forums, and I also spend a lot of time at work on the net( part of the job) ya I guess I'm a net nut.