I E users under attack

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Internet Explorer users under attack

By: malterwitty
Tags: COMPUTERS/INTERNET/SECURITY
A friendly note to all Internet Explorer users …
If you’re using IE (any version, ranging from 5.01 t0 8.0 beta 2) then you need to be aware of a new vulnerability which is set to become a big problem over the next few days.
I’m not going to rehash the details of this vulnerability other than to say that it’s pretty serious and has the scope to affect a massive number of users.
Internet Explorer users under attack | Hardware 2.0 | ZDNet.com

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Nothing new there...

A lot of these vulnerabilities are next to impossible to exploit though unless you have an extraordinarily stupid victim willing to click/view/open anything.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Nothing new there...

A lot of these vulnerabilities are next to impossible to exploit though unless you have an extraordinarily stupid victim willing to click/view/open anything.

Oooooh! Lookee there! It says I should click it otherwise my computer will melt!

*click*

Awwwwww. How did I get this pesky virus?

Yep. There are some people that would actually fall for that. Wow.8O

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I like how the article ends "if you're still using IE". Well 70+% of internet users still use IE, so lets not pretend IE is a rarity.

Bill will put take the boots to those malicious attackers anyway.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
More than a few years ago I forsook Internet Explorer for Netscape. I used Netscape for a couple years but eventually settled on Firefox, which I still use. If I were going to change browsers, I would tend towards the new Firefox Beta 5, but I would have a good look at Google Chrome, or Opera 9.6.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Chrome might be an alternative down the road but at the moment, developers have not adopted it nearly to the extent of Firefox3. I have way too many extensions/plugins I rely on to switch browser at this point.