Trojan Horse Agent. YMF

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Trojan Horse Agent. YMF

Is a computer virus. I have AVG and it picked up this particular bug a couple weeks ago. If your computer is infected it will slow down to a crawl. It's not a problem if you have a half decent antivirus program. I've used AVG for years.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
I also use avg. thats what picked it up. I was trying to open a cdrom from australia....would the difference in the 2 countries systems cause it to show up a virus?
also, will a dvd fro Australia play here in Canada?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I wouldn't think so Stretch. The virus was either intentionally, or inadvertently put on the disc. It wouldn't show up as a symptom of something else. I haven't tried to run an Australian disc but I do communicate on the computer with people in Australia without a problem.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Australian DVD's are most likely PAL encoded and it will be region locked. I doubt your DVD player will be able to play it but you could easily play it a PC.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
thanks guys, much appreciated. I'm going to get in touch with the company that sent me the cdrom and let them know what happened.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Australian DVD's are most likely PAL encoded and it will be region locked. I doubt your DVD player will be able to play it but you could easily play it a PC.

You can also pick up a DVD player that isn't region-specific. Or at least you could. Are they still available, Durka?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
There are dozens of code free dvd players out there. here is just one and it is $79.00 U.S.

Model: Toshiba SD-550 Special Multi-Region Version
Digital Cinema Progressive Scan (3:2 Pulldown)
Colorstream Pro Component output
Plays any region PAL or NTSC DVD from regions 0-6 including RCE/REA movies
This player does not need a multi-system TV or a external video converter.
Built-in 3 way 16MB PAL to NTSC video converter allows playback of PAL movies on a NTSC TV or NTSC DVDs on a PAL TV. Basically this DVD player will play any region DVD movie on an American TV without any extra equipment, even RCE and REA movies.
High video quality! This model has a 16MB PAL/NTSC converter with a 14-Bit, 108 mhz Video Digital/Analog ConverterLifetime warranty on our modifications:
Guaranteed to play all old, current and future DVD movies including DVDs that are RCE/REA coded.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
I have Firefox and have never experienced a `computer problem` of any kind. It is `free` and upgraded and updated regularly at no cost to me.
Convince me, though you are being seen as a spammer, which is highly unwelcome here.

Moderator's edit. Removed spam.

Last edited by a moderator: