my new game... Bioshock

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Here is my new addiction; the game is called Bioshock. This game is a first person shooter with RPG elements and it has some very unique features not usually seen in this sort of game. Besides the guns, which there is plenty of, you can inject your self with Plasmids which allow you to harness the elements as weapons. So far, I have been able to rain lighning and fire down on enemies, which is pretty cool. You can also lure the enemies into some clever traps with these weapons. For example; lure the enemies into a body of water, and use your lightning plasmid on them... watch em fry!

Here are some screenshots from the game, if you like FPS's, I highly recommend you try the demo out.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I picked it up the day it came out. I got the Collector's Edition that came with the 6" high statue and the music CD. Pretty good value, but I won't be able to play it for a couple of days yet.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I picked it up the day it came out. I got the Collector's Edition that came with the 6" high statue and the music CD. Pretty good value, but I won't be able to play it for a couple of days yet.

I picked up the regular version of the game, very impressed so far. :)

It's one of the coolest games I have played in a while, the artwork & design is quite good

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I want it, but have to check out the requirements needed to play it first[might have to have an upgrade!]

It can be a bit of a pig... I am getting about 50 Frames per second at 1680x1050 with a 640mb video card.

Upgradess are good though, I'm always finding a reason...

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I haven't had a chance to play this yet, but how far along are you now? I have heard from the folks at EB Games(I bought Two Worlds there recently) that everyone who has played it loves it.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I haven't had a chance to play this yet, but how far along are you now? I have heard from the folks at EB Games(I bought Two Worlds there recently) that everyone who has played it loves it.

I am pretty close to the end of the game, I haven't played it in a week or so though. The storyline is quite good, it's not like your typical Doom or Quake where the storyline is there for filler.

I played Two Worlds a couple months ago, I didn't get too far into it, it reminded me of Oblivion. World of Warcraft keeps me busy enough. 8O

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I am pretty close to the end of the game, I haven't played it in a week or so though. The storyline is quite good, it's not like your typical Doom or Quake where the storyline is there for filler.

I played Two Worlds a couple months ago, I didn't get too far into it, it reminded me of Oblivion. World of Warcraft keeps me busy enough. 8O

Thanks for the reply, Durka.;-):lol:

The cool thing about the Collector's Edition of Bioshock is that it came with an EP of three Moby songs that were made for the game, and basically are about the game. They are pretty good songs I have to say.:cool:And the Collector's Edition was only $10 more than the regular version would have cost.:smile:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Nice, I just have the "ghetto" version.. sniffles.

I think I will fire it up and play some tonight.

I'm sure you'd be able to find the songs somewhere.;-)

Perhaps you will be able to find it cheap somewhere. The Big Daddy figurine is pretty cool!:smile:

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC

EB Games? Is that a chain or are you an Island Dweller, Shadow??

I don't do games but Shell has made me a Playstation widow. We just ordered half a dozen games from eBay so after they arrive I won't see her in daylight again for weeks. She loves X-Men (official game only), Lord of the Rings, Batman2 ... guess they're RPG rather than FPS.

I feel like someone's techno phobe granny when I go into EB Games for Shell. The young kids there are so sweet, try not to be condescending, but I'm waaay out of touch with the game thing. Hell, I gave up when Mario came out and I got consistently trounced by a six year old!

I stick to computer games ... Love the mystery ones like "Titanic, Hidden Expidition". Got a shyte load of those on my computer.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
EB Games? Is that a chain or are you an Island Dweller, Shadow??

I don't do games but Shell has made me a Playstation widow. We just ordered half a dozen games from eBay so after they arrive I won't see her in daylight again for weeks. She loves X-Men (official game only), Lord of the Rings, Batman2 ... guess they're RPG rather than FPS.

I feel like someone's techno phobe granny when I go into EB Games for Shell. The young kids there are so sweet, try not to be condescending, but I'm waaay out of touch with the game thing. Hell, I gave up when Mario came out and I got consistently trounced by a six year old!

I stick to computer games ... Love the mystery ones like "Titanic, Hidden Expidition". Got a shyte load of those on my computer.

*scratches head trying to figure out the Island Dweller comment*

So, does Shelly(I hope that is how you spell it) know that there is a Lord Of The Rings MMO(Massively Multiplayer, like World of Warcraft) out there? If not, you should let her know. She might become like Gollum, what with her "precious" and all.:lol:

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I played the Online Lord of the Rings-Online... it was average. I wanted to be Tom Bombadil :(

There are a few Lord of The Ring real time strategy games out too, which are decent.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
You like the old adventure games Cosmo? It's a shame they are pretty much extinct these days.

Not really. They have recreated the old LucasArts game Sam & Max, and released 6 "episodes". They had the entire 6 episode set for $25 at EB Games. Also, they have three adventure game series available at Future Shop for a good price. They have the King's Quest Collection, Space Quest Collection, and the Police Quest Collection. They are only $24.99! I picked up the King's Quest Collection, and I hope they release the Quest For Glory Collection soon.:cool:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I played the Online Lord of the Rings-Online... it was average. I wanted to be Tom Bombadil :(

There are a few Lord of The Ring real time strategy games out too, which are decent.

To be honest, I prefer Turn-Based strategy games over Real-Time strategy games. Heroes Of Might & Magic, Age Of Wonders, and Disciples all come to mind. That is not to say that I do not like RTS games(the Warcraft games were awesome!), but I hate the "rushes". It is too hard to control what is going on, and I always lose troops that I shouldn't lose when that happens.

Another good series that I heard about(but have not had a chance to play yet) is the Total War series.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I play just about any game... from RTS's to RPG's, FPS's, all the acronyms you can think of.

I don't play a lot of turn based games, was never really exposed to them.

There is a "Age of Conan" game coming out soon, it's a mmorg with Directx 10 goodness.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I play just about any game... from RTS's to RPG's, FPS's, all the acronyms you can think of.

I don't play a lot of turn based games, was never really exposed to them.

There is a "Age of Conan" game coming out soon, it's a mmorg with Directx 10 goodness.

I enjoy playing any "genre" of game out there as well. However, I have never played any MMO and I really don't have any desire to. The games look very cool, but that is just not my thing.

Directx 10 is only for Vista, right? In that case, I won't be finding out what it's like for a long time.

Durka, do you agree that Microsoft is shooting themselves in the foot with regards to potention sales when they release the PC version of Halo 3 only to be for Vista? I think they are seriously deluding themselves if they think that someone will purchase Vista just to play Halo 3.