Trojan Horse Proxy POG

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I turned off my computer last night when a thunderstorm started. When I turned it on this morning my AVG started complaining about a kernel change.............Somewhere along the line they changed into 4 threats and then it called up "Trojan Horse Proxy POG". Eventually the threats were deleted. I haven't seen this particular virus before. Anybody else see anything? I haven't downloaded anything for at least a week and a half so I don't know how I managed to get this infection.

Last edited:

cdn_bc_ca

Electoral Member
May 5, 2005
Vancouver
You can get stuff just by surfing the web... doesn't even need to be the dirty parts of the net. Alot of Italian based webservers got hacked recently by a tool called mpack which causes the webserver to give you lots of malware. I wouldn't be surprised if it included trojans. I've read that the tool masks itself in some way that it makes it very hard to detect so some admins don't even know their website is serving up bad stuff.

You can even get infected by watching YouTube videos, but that is not a common occurrence.

I would be very cautious about any suspicious activity on your computer for the next few days. If you get repeated message on bootup from AVG, then it's got a problem removing it or there is something that is starting on bootup which AVG thinks is bad.

Try an online scanner from Trendmicro or something to see if it detects anything else.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Thanks cdn_bc_ca

Over the last few days I've been gettin all sorts of hits from my AVG. It seems to be catching the viruses but I've never seen so many in such a short time. The latest this morning was "Trojan Horse Back Door Agent IQL" I can only guess that this has something to do with my switch over to XP. I was running Win 98 until I bought the new computer that wouldn't run 98 and I had to switch to XP. With 98 I never got a hit other than one I downloaded, or from an e-mail.