Ipod Being #1!

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
Well, the iPod is popular because it is fairly cheap to purchase and you get alot of space for music, and photos, and on some iPod models, you can even watch videos. And the iPod is also popular because of the iTunes music store, where you can download music legally for a fairly small price.

Apple Computers are not all that popular mainly because they are expensive and that they do not run all the programs that you can run on a PC.

Mirrormet

Jul 27, 2006
Winnipeg
Apple products like iPods are made by Chinese workers in forced-labour like conditions, making about $100 US a month, no paid overtime... think about that before you buy one.

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
Re: RE: Ipod Being #1!

Mirrormet said:
Apple products like iPods are made by Chinese workers in forced-labour like conditions, making about $100 US a month, no paid overtime... think about that before you buy one.

Mirrormet, alot of different products in Canada are made in China. The forced labour conditions are awful, but you can't just stop buying stuff in the store because of that. Alot of things in the store are neccesaties.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now

sha_zapple

Nominee Member
Jan 26, 2006
I want to get an Ipod, but I just can't bring myself to spend close to $500 dollars on something so small and fragile (Hard drive failure!).

Theres many other options other than Ipod though. The reason Ipod is popular is mostly because of how well designed it is. Easy controls, good screen, and small/light design.

sha_zapple

Nominee Member
Jan 26, 2006
Re: RE: Ipod Being #1!

sine000 said:
I-Pod is a piece of junk....Apple is making wayy to much money off it....who's going to fit 40gb of music on it and listen to EVERY-SINGLE-SONG?....

Thats not really the issue. I know many people who have their Ipods full of music. 40gb isnt really that much anymore. Hell, I only have 24 CD's or so, and thats almost 3gb.
You also have to remember that Ipods play videos and hold pictures, so those take up a lot of space. Id rather have a large variety of songs so I dont hear the same one 10 times a day. If I wanted that i'd just listen to the radio!