Trojan horse help?

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
My friend has a Trojan Horse - Downloader - conhook virus on her computer and it's in C:/Windows/System32/loglog.dll and she's done everything possible to delete it, but it's still there. It finds it and quarentens it, but it never stays quarentened and when she goes back to see if's still there it's gone.

Is there anything else she can do to get rid of the virus?

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
Riyko said:
My friend has a Trojan Horse - Downloader - conhook virus on her computer and it's in C:/Windows/System32/loglog.dll and she's done everything possible to delete it, but it's still there. It finds it and quarentens it, but it never stays quarentened and when she goes back to see if's still there it's gone.

Is there anything else she can do to get rid of the virus?

If you search around on the web, you should find some sort of virus killer, I think. Or your friend might have to buy a program. Or you friend might have to format her hard drive and re-install her operating system.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
RE: Trojan Horse

Riyko, which virus scanner is your friend using?

Is the virus removing itself from the quarantine and restoring its former position, or is it a new copy of the virus that's returning to the System32 subfolder?

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
She has Norton's Anti Virus and it doesn't dectect it, She also uses Spysweeper and it quarentens it, but the virus escapes.

Thank you for the help JonB2004 :)

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
sorry for the double post heh

FiveParadox
The virus is removing itself from the quaratine and restoring itself to it's original position.

ckeo
I'll show my friend that site as well.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Some guy has created a program called Vundo Fix. It's a little scary to use as you eventually have to shut down all of your security and go to safe mode to use it but it was the only thing that worked for me. Check around for this and see if Vundo Fix is a fix for your problem.

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
Safe mode. Don't you have to start your computer in DOS when you do that? I hate using DOS. Scares the hell out of me.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
That Vundo Fix is a really scary way of getting rid of the program but it worked. Just sharing my experience with it as it scared the heck out of me. I felt like I was taking a huge risk but am alive and well because of it.