Is Telus' A-V software working for you?

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
I got onto Telus ADSL - "Hi Speed Lite" - last week and my computer has been down most of the time since.

More smarter people than I said that Internet Explorer was conflicting with the Telus Anti Virus.

Telus Anti Virus never did load right, I was getting messages like "you may have to re-install me" from it.

Eventually I just ran the ADSL with other anti-virus protection and it is running smoothly.

Anybody else have trouble after loading the Telus Anti Virus programs?

I don't get very far with the techies from Telus on this, but the accounts people did give me a couple free months of the Telus Anti Virus programs for my troubles!! [but, I said, I am not using them... ]

Thanks,
Karlin

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
RE: Is Telus' A-V softwa

I don't use anti-virus software because I use Mac OS. There's no need to use it because there is a slim-to-none chance that a virus will enter. The only thing I have to worry about is spyware.

LittleRunningGag

Electoral Member
Jan 11, 2006
Calgary, Alberta
members.shaw.ca
RE: Is Telus' A-V softwa

The Telus "Freedom" anti-virus software is made by a company named Zero-Knowledge. If that alone isn't enough to deter you, I'll give you a scenario:

You go to a brothel. They supply free condoms. Do you take the free condom or do you bring your own?

From the people I talk to at Telus, and Shaw for that matter, the free anti-viruses they supply are intended more to protect their networks than anything else. They are designed to stop the virus from propogating further into their other customers' machines, confining it to your's.

EDIT: Damn word censors.

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
thanks for the evidence against Telus.

I am using AntiVir and others. The MAC idea sounds good.

How about a Router? I dont even know what that is.

and Does Norton create these viruses to create business for themselves?
{CTP OTS}

Thanks

Nov 26, 2005
I can't help but laugh at mac users who think they don't have to worry about viruses. My friend was one of those mac users who did nothing to protect himself professing how superior his mac is, and he ended up paying for it big time. Twice.