Windows Vista

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
Windows Vista is the new operating system by Microsoft that will be available to the general public sometime in early 2007.

Windows Vista was first supposed to be an updated version of Windows XP, but Microsoft scraped that plan and decided to create an entirely new operating system.

From what I've read, Microsoft has had quite a few problems with it.
It is currently in public beta testing.

I'm still debating whether I should buy a PC or a Mac.

Could somebody give me their opinion on it?

thecdn

Electoral Member
Apr 12, 2006
North Lauderdale, FL
Buy a pc. XP will be around for a long time so you don't have to go to vista.

And if you are worried about security and stability put linux on it in a dual boot.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Gates has been going downhill ever since he abandoned Microsoft Bob.

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
I can't wait till Microsoft goes down the toilet. Then everyone can own Macs. Yippie!

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I am quite looking forward to Windows® Vista.

It sounds as though the security features in this newer incarnation of the successful operating system are going to be quite a step up, and I look forward to the new visual style of the operating system. Some of the new features and methods of doing things in Vista, in my opinion, are quite innovative, and quite definitely something to anticipate.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
I wouldn't trust Windows Vista, after all the Security problems with XP does anyone really think Vista will be better?

I use XP but I also use Fire Fox which gives that bit of added protection plus it's just better then IE to begin with..

Those who say Macs are good well their better then good. So far Macs have had only 2 known Security Flaws unlike XP which has had so many it's hard yo keep track, and when you're told to download the patches the patches end up not working which is why I don't download them..

Vista may look good, it may have all the bells and whistles but in reality it's going to end up with the same Security flaws XP has..

Macs are the way to go, I even think the FBI recomends them for their Secuirty..

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I do, in fact, think that Windows® Vista is going to be better.

Just a comment on your promotion of the Mozilla® Firefox® Web browser, I would agree that Windows® Internet Explorer® has some serious security issues to be considered; however, when it comes to me wanting to use multiple languages, and to send and receive information in those languages, I have found in my experience that Firefox tends to mis-assign the encoding. Internet Explorer 7 offers many of the features that some move to Firefox for, in particular (although, of course, it is continuing in its Beta 2 stage at this time).

LittleRunningGag

Electoral Member
Jan 11, 2006
Calgary, Alberta
members.shaw.ca
For the Mac advocates.