PC vs. Mac

JoeyB

Electoral Member
Feb 2, 2006
Australia
Thats okay, with windows vista / longhorn the BSOD will now be Red.

Windows is now the new propellant of the communist regime ... lmao

kind of fits with their analogy / mission statement, doesn't it?

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Visually, I would have to say that I probably prefer the Mac; however, I am going to have to see what I think of Windows Vista, at release, to determine which I like better on those terms. In terms of functionality, I prefer using Windows — it seems to offer more advanced settings and the like, in my opinion.

JoeyB

Electoral Member
Feb 2, 2006
Australia
i don't want to propogate an argument on this topic, I prefer and know also that someone will end up doing it anyway, but I can state in all fairness, being familiar with both platforms and working in the industry that there is now little difference between the two, where once the mac was far more advanced, windows had more market due to it's 'common conveniences'
Now the Mac has reconfigured itself as a nice market appliance of iconic design, and floorless functionality, windows is really trying hard to combat the deficiencies in software. Microsoft make good only on their variety, but not on quality. Servers have changed however, and MS are a good offereing for small business who have little IT knowledge or capacity. Likewise the XServe product from Apple fills this niche nicely. However, being based on a UN*X kernel, Apple are well ahead of MS in terms of software interoperability, functionality and deployment.
But, when it comes to the balance, those who are really in the know, use the unix flavour of the apple mac to get their work done. in the IT market, linux and mac users have found a seemingly natural fondness for their similar platforms, and because much of apple's software development now comes from the open source community, MS has to now deliver it's trump card.

for me personally, I prefer to use Solaris, I love my macs to bits and I have a few windows boxes to do common tasks on, but the one I use the most is still the Solaris box, followed by the mac powerbook and tower, with wondows being a last resort. So much so, that now, iTunes only accesses the storage on the windows machine. nothing else.

If I were to recommend a computer to someone buying, the advice would be buy the mac. It's got way more bang for buck, and you can torrent any software you want, just like you do for windows... not that I condone the illegal copying, distribution or use of illegitimate software copies.... for legal reasons ;)

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
PC right now using Firefox been thinking of getting a Mac Power G-5 or a G-4 Powerbook.

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
I prefer Mac. Mac OS is a much more productive operating system since it doesn't have all sorts of bugs, like Windows. And I enjoy the fact that I don't have to configure a BIOS when I install hardware. With Mac OS, you install the hardware and the drivers and away you go.

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
That would be nice if Windows would run on a Mac. Just throw out the DOS and the blue screens and you've got yourselves the perfect computer.

aperion

Apr 7, 2006
macs are for creative lefties
ive got 3

a G5 dual processer
a G3 ibook
a 17inch imac

im a mac addict

some of the programs i rely on heavily werent initially available on PC so ive always used them
PCs arent somehow as much fun

a G5 imac --- is a great bargain

diaeagle

Diaeagle
Apr 6, 2006
i think PC..... our country being colony for microsoft..... so i had never to use mac...... :( ....but when i see most of you prefere mac....may be i will try to use it just to have free from microsoft slavery :twisted: