Do you hate Pop-ups as much as I do - solution found

chrisfer

Nov 29, 2004
Oshawa
If your looking for a good pop-up blocker, check our microsoft's anti-spyware beta version, I loaded it a few months ago and it's reduced my mental stress from all those ridiculous pop-ups.
Best of all it's FREE, for now. Just go to the microsoft homepage.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: Do you hate Pop-ups a

I like that Foxy Tunes as well. Fire fox has a lot more useful features than IE. Never seems to crash either like IE.

Funny with all the resources microcrap has they can't come out with a descent browser or operating system.

Judland

Electoral Member
Pop-up? What's a Pop-up?

Perhaps you meant Pop-tarts! I like the strawberry ones. :wink:

Seriously, don't use IE to browse the Internet... or better yet, get rid of MS-Windows altogether. Get Linux and you'll forget the meaning of the term pop-ups and spyware... like I and no1important has. :)

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Re: RE: Do you hate Pop-ups as much as I do - solution found

no1important said:
They seem to basically haunt Microsoft products. I get none with Firefox or Konqueror.

Well, Safari just has the option to turn them off, is all. I suspect I'd get lots if I didn't opt for 'block pop-ups'. I have to wonder, what kind of person actually opts NOT to block pop-ups when they have the option?

Judland

Electoral Member
That's true.... There are lots of computer users who haven't a clue as to some of the things that could be happening behind the scenes.

I was one of them a few years back.

But, once you learn about that kind of stuff, opting not to block pop-ups and such is not very likely.

I also should mention that I like your avatar, No1. :D Tux to the rescue!