An email from a forum spammer

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
You guys gotta see this:

To whom it may concern;

I have actually made a mistake & posted the same post twice & immediately reported it to a moderator (to delete it) instead IM now locked out from the forum & all my posts where deleted...

May I know why you did it to me?

It may be that you thought IM web spamming, but in fact I was not. I was not puting on my website (cingucell.com) ONLY where I realized it will REALLY be helpful for that thread. For an example @ 1 place where someone posted of anyone knows about the GSM 850MHz in Canada, I directed him to one page of my site http:// URLREMOVED .com and also to the note prior to reading the GSM by country list which is nothing less helpfull (explaining the difference between a US tri band phone & an EU version. Look here please: http:// URLREMOVED .com

In addition to many requests for website mobile Unlocking for Canadian people, I've also posted my site. Yes, with one point you're actually right= I was trying to promote my site... BUT STILL= I NEVER posted my site for the sole purpose of promoting it. It was ALWAYS Helpful for the thread... Like the few examples above.

Would you please be so greatfull & put back ALL my posts... I was really working so hard to write them in the proper format so it will be most usefull for readers of the threads (Plus I tried to make sure it has the right keywords for higher google rankings - but still don't forget: It was REALLY helpful links...).

I hope you'll understand me.
User ID: SPYISRA

Ofcourse he's been banned! He posted like 10 messages promoting his web site and now I should be “greatfull” and restore his spam? Hehe, suuuuure buddy! Banned for life! Get over it!

I can't believe a spammer would have the nerve to email me asking for me to undelete his spam! Deranged people these days.

Anyways, a good laugh ;)

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
It's funny how he also mentioned that he used keywords for his site which help his Google ratings ;)

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
*off topic* ehm...ricky who the hell is big P???? ehm...was that someone in the dick tracy movie 8O seriously..I have never taken anyone out, or had anybody rubbed out... :p

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
ehm...na...you could never offended me ricky :wink: Your avatar well no comment :p ...Hey if you wanna call me Big P, its okay with me, I been called alot worse :wink:

Marginally off topic....

I use a spam killer called Vanquish. I have absolutely nothing to do with this company other than I am their customer, so this is a true testimonial.

In a nutshell, I don't get any email from any email address that I don't specify. If an email comes from an email address I haven't specified, then the sender gets a nice email back from my Vanquish account asking them to confirm that they actually did send me the email by clicking on a web link. If they do, then their address gets added to my 'good' list (or not, depending on how I configure it) and from that point on they can send me email without being challenged again.

I can always see what's pending verification for me and release messages manually if I want them (like forum post notifications and other stuff like that).

It freakin' rocks. I love it. I pay $25/year to protect up to 10 email addresses. I've been using it for about a month now and I haven't received a single piece of spam. I've been monitoring my pending file as well to ensure that the people sending me email are smart enough to respond to the spam challenge, and they are. I haven't lost a single piece of email.

Anyhow, if anyone cares you can check out the details at www.vanquish.com

If anyone wants to see what the challenge email looks like, feel free to send me an email to me@jonwatson.ca (yes, I can even post my email in the clear and not worry about it). Because I don't have your email address, you will receive the challenge. Up to you if you want to reply to it or not....

Enjoy!