We Have Scannerdom

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I lost the software to the scanner a while back. I think it might have been with some books we gave to the truck guys. I'm not really sure though...this office is pretty scary.

Anyway, the software needed to reinstalled so I went to the HP website and found it and clicked "download". It took five hours! Five! That's with cable. What happens to people out in the country who are still on dial-up? That'd take what, two days?

How much software does it take anyway? As I recall it took about twenty minutes to set the scanner up the first time. This time it took about a half hour.

Oh well, the scanner works. I guess that's something.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
yeah, except you've lost 5 whole hours where you could have been scanning all sorts of things. 5 hours! You'll never get those scannable 5 hours back! Ever. Imagine if you'd needed to scan your ass in a hurry. Where would you be? 5 hrs behind, that's where!

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
That's true. Of course all I wanted to do was make sure the scanner worked before X-mas to go along with Mrs. Rev's new printer.

I pretty much spent five hours downloading and a half hour installing so I could scan a pack of Zig-Zag papers and I didn't even save that. Why would I?