If Anyone Lives In Toronto, I'll Fix Your Puter For Free

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
That's very generous of you, Calm :D It's very refreshing to see what kind of people we have on these forums.

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
Hey! Fubbleskag

I have a younger brother living in Calgary.

What made me think of this repair offer was that this past month I repaired 3 old clunkers which belonged to folks on welfare. They all lived in a low-rental building and once I had repaired one, other people from the building called me.

One person had someone else repair their puter. That person replaced Win98 with WinXP and when it was returned to the owner, the sound card never worked. I tried to get some drivers but to no avail. So, I bought a used sound card for 10 bucks and everything was working fine. I noticed that people on welfare sure have old and "dusty" puters. Their power sources are clogged full of lint and stuff.
People on welfare are into games and stuff because it is cheap entertainment and many are disabled. It is quite funny watching them type with one finger. The person who needed the sound card asked if they could download the card from the net. (funny, eh?)
I get a lot of satisfaction doing the repairs for them.

About a year ago, I had one person send me their puter from Nova Scotia. After it was returned to her, she sent me 3 needle point pictures and 10lbs of fudge.

Most people on welfare just use their puters as a "phone" because of not having software with which to play around with. Well, when I work on a puter, I install as much software as possible just so that they can enjoy their puter and not just use it to type messages in chat or forums.

I'm 58, but if I was 30, I'd have the biggest repair store in the history of mankind!

Nice meeting you.

Calm