Weather on system tray...

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Hey, I've seen those spyware apps which promise you the latest weather information on your windows box, and I've also used open-source counterparts (minus the spyware) on linux.. but does anybody know of a NON-Spyware app for windows? I love it on linux, but my everyday tasks are still within the Windows operating system :(

Any ideas, appreciated!

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Weather Grok is fantastic.

I am not 100% sure it is available for anything other than macs, but it's worth a try. It is a very nice little program, works like a dream, gives you to-the-minute reports, and you can select all the cities you want to track weather-wise. Sits nicely in the corner, and has a cool name, too.

researchok

Council Member
Jun 12, 2004
Try weather.com

Not spyware (mom gave the tip, so it has to be so. She'd never spy on me).

Happy Canada Day.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
researchok said:
Try weather.com

Not spyware (mom gave the tip, so it has to be so. She'd never spy on me).

Oh boy. You didn't know about the camera hidden in that crack on the far wall? That sucks. Then again, it beats anything the video store has. You have an interesting life... research ok indeed!

researchok

Council Member
Jun 12, 2004
LOL..I do...

Seriously, weather.com is safe.

Hope your day went well.

I cracked up last night, by the way-- your post was hysterical!. I did respond to you this morning.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
researchok said:
I cracked up last night, by the way-- your post was hysterical!. I did respond to you this morning.

I will find it, as I catch up on the two million posts that seem to have been posted since that time. :cool:

Oh wait, I think it Son of Weather Grok, not Weather Grok. It is an awesome little program, gets the readings directly from the NOAA.

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto

Hey Andem

If yuh want it (free), I can make it available to you.

Calm

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Thanks for the offer, Paranoid. However, some of the staff here at Canadian Content are actually software developers, albeit a percentage is open source. We can't condone the public offering of "warez", but thanks again.

All I can say is that if you like certain software, pay for it and support the author(s).

Cheers.