Why you should dump IE Browser

snooker

Electoral Member
May 16, 2004
canada big apple
Andem your welcome but thats only a java test which doesn't necessary prove much if you know what i mean , it was mostly a fun test just to see how the browsers would compare ... Also i am a fan of IE i wouldn't say its totally useless ... With the right know how i am sure IE can be set up to be more secure so you wouldn't get clobbered by it ... Again but for you average joe computer user its good to try thoses other browsers simply for the sake of being a little more secure .... You got to ask yourself how many average joe do any kind of set changing to there browser to keep it safe or add any added on ??? Not many ... Let hope microsoft with SP2 will add more security to there browser were the average joe ( novice user ) don't need to worry so much

gnuman

Electoral Member
Dec 4, 2002
Montreal, Quebec
There are rumours going around that Microsoft will bring back the IE team...

I guess there was a brainstorming idea had just struck them and maybe can integrate msn\email into one?

snooker

Electoral Member
May 16, 2004
canada big apple
I'm curious now how microsoft will deal with improving there OS when google comes out with G operating system ... Are we maybe looking at the next big thing to come ??? :idea:

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
It would be cool to imagine a G operating system, snooker... but their own operating system actually did not take off in the commercial search engine market. It was their entire "Search Appliance" that didn't go over too well! Oh well

There's a lot of reasons not to use IE, and none of them are good enough for me to go out and use something else. IE is just too built in and easy to use for me. I was forced to use it when so many new technologies were not supported by Netscape years back -- and I've stuck with MSIE ever since.

snooker

Electoral Member
May 16, 2004
canada big apple
June 29, 2004
US-CERT: Beware of IE
By Ryan Naraine

The U.S. government's Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT) is warning Web surfers to stop using Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) browser.

On the heels of last week's sophisticated malware attack that targeted a known IE flaw, US-CERT updated an earlier advisory to recommend the use of alternative browsers because of "significant vulnerabilities" in technologies embedded in IE.

here is the whole article at the below link

http://www.internetnews.com/security/article.php/3374931

gnuman

Electoral Member
Dec 4, 2002
Montreal, Quebec
Internet Explorer has updated IE for the download.ject virus that can be loaded via popups.

To install the patch, simply run Windows Update