Free PHP Hosting?

Ginger_Ale

Electoral Member
May 23, 2004
Boston
Anybody know any *trustworthy* sites that would host .php files? I'm wanting to try the language, and I found this good site to host .php files, but they currently disabled signups. Does anyone know a good, free site? Thanks in advance. 8)

Ginger_Ale

Electoral Member
May 23, 2004
Boston
Wow, I get an account there, and it is so confusing to find the page where you can create a PHP file? Does anyone else have a nice site for PHP-enabled hosting?

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Hrmm, it's a hard task Ginger_Ale. I remember virtualave and hypermart both offered CGI and I think php back in their day, but no more! We're talking like 1998 since I even opened a free hosting account, let alone used one.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/ might have some answers, just use their search function.

Lycos.co.uk had free hosting with mysql and php, so yeah, check them out too.

Ginger_Ale

Electoral Member
May 23, 2004
Boston
Ooh, ok, yay, I finally got it to work! I made my first PHP file, test.php, and it's code was:

<html>
<body>
<?php
$ip=$_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"];
$browser=$_SERVER["HTTP_USER_AGENT"] ;
echo "Hello, user with: $ip for an IP Address. You are using $browser to view this site, are you not?";
?>
</body>
</html>

Very fun. :D

Cyberm4n

Electoral Member
Jun 6, 2002
Toronto
free hosting is a thing of the past man. you gotta pay for those nice features now, and not even geocities can run php.