Need a nice registry cleaner ??

snooker

Electoral Member
May 16, 2004
canada big apple
moghrabi said:
the above program is not well written

First >>> Andem ... Thanks for the welcome :D

Secondly >>> Moghrabi .... Would you care to explain how so ??? Also i am curious if someone was to buy the one you mention will you be getting a commission on it ???

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
LOL. I have 18 years experince a a computer Engineer and we do test all these freebies. We tried it on many systems and it did indeed damage all f them. The one I mentioned is the one we use in a corporate setting and I have no affliation with them. It was only an advice free for the taking. Just be careful with the other program. You might post here again complaining that your system is not working.

Regards,

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I'm going to give moghrabi's suggestion a try... I'll let you all know the results on a system that hasnt had a clean windows install for like 1.5 years!

snooker

Electoral Member
May 16, 2004
canada big apple
Andem >>> Okay that sounds good but i wish Sam with his experience could at least mention why easy cleaner isn't writen good .... I agree with you Sam that it can cause problems but which registry remove doesn't ???

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Welp, I keep registry backups on my windows box and usually completely backup up all data on live server boxes which use linux. :) So check out both programs after a registry backup!

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Snooker,

Thanks for the trust. Every program has its own strengths and weaknesses. I tried the program you mentioned before on many systems and it was a disaster. After many runs, we came to the conclusion that RFA is the least damaging of them all if any damage. You can try it for free for maybe 15 days and see for yourself. But the other one, we had to go back and restore a backup since it deleted existing hives in the registry and some programs needed to be installed.