Canadian sites

Shmad

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Cache Creek, BC
www.justrant.com
Being a bit biased and considering Im an Editor here, this one.

Although even if I was a user I think I'd stick here, lotsa good people and pretty much everything I'd want is on Canadian Content.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I sometimes visit www.canadaka.net, it's pretty slow at times, but there's a interesting community going on there. I read it sometimes.

I also visit www.canadiandemocraticmovement.ca a lot, since the articles are great and insightful.

Every now and then, I also check out www.vivelecanada.ca, but I'm still more interested in CanadianDemocraticMovement :D The founded regularly visits these forums, czardogs.. Great guy!

There's lots of good Canadian sites, you just have to look around. When we first started Canadian Content years ago, we exchanged links with a lot of smaller ones.. all of which have disappeared since then :(

snooker

Electoral Member
May 16, 2004
canada big apple
Andem said:
www.canadaka.net(

Andem >>> i am there too above and you are right its a little slow in loading up , which is not the case here ... good job 8) .... Its to bad about those canadian sites we could use more , Maybe one day in the future someone will create a canadian messenger service , like the liking of yahoo , msn and icq ... Well i think i will check out thoses other sites you posted ... Thanks

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
That's because Canadian Content has very good colocation+hardware :)

Its hard to find good Canadian sites with good info. Especially annoying is the tons of red+white sites -- it's just a bad colour combo for web design in most cases. A flag in that combo is nice, but the whole darn site!! LOL.

Anyways, Canadian Content has a lot of user contributed stuff (mainly these forums).. but if you ever want to see something on CC, suggest it! We're constantly developing something new (and we do mean constant!)

saphz

Jul 21, 2004
I like NCIX.. I have it as my home page (www.ncix.com). I kinda get a kick out of watching prices, they are always cheap at NCIX, but its nice to see how much you can get in case I run into some cash =)

[Editing by Administration due to affliliate spam]

bogie

Electoral Member
Jun 21, 2002
Barrie, ON Canada
maltesefalcon.bogart.com
snooker said:
Hi ... What canadian site do you visit often ??? Also which is your favorite ???

Can't say that I have any favourite site, Canadian or otherwise, but frequently visited Canadian websites include:

www.weatheroffice.com (Environment Canada)
www.cbc.ca
www.globeandmail.com
www.thenewvr.com (our local TV station)
www.tdcanadatrust.com (to manage what little $ I do have)
www.infotrendscanada.com (our main business website)

f_fischer

Jan 7, 2005
Toronto
www.thisismoot.com
Hey. I know I am a little late posting a reply to this but....

I am a little biased. My buddies and I started an open submission online satire rag and I like it lots. We poke fun at things Canadian.

You all should all check it out and write for us if you like it.

Also we are always trying to fix it up so some good harsh but constructive criticism would be good (keeping in mind we do this for fun not $ and we are not pros).

www.thisismoot.com

f_fischer

Jan 7, 2005
Toronto
www.thisismoot.com

I am a little biased. My buddies and I started an open submission online satire rag and I like it lots. We poke fun at things Canadian.

Also we are always trying to fix it up so some good harsh but constructive criticism would be good (keeping in mind we do this for fun not $ and we are not pros).

www.thisismoot.com

f_fischer

Jan 7, 2005
Toronto
www.thisismoot.com

www.thisismoot.com

fubbleskag

noYOUshutup
Sep 10, 2004
Indiana, IN
www.speedofwood.com
f_fischer said:

www.thisismoot.com

heh, this place cracks me up. keep it up!