i tried and it does not work

T. Rex

Nominee Member
hello,

my son installed a sound blaster live on my computer. Its a pentium 3 computer with labtec speakers and a webcam.

I cannot get my webcam to work with sound on msn messenger because I am trying to do a video call to my son in Vancouver. Can anybody give me some tips of where I can get help? Microsoft.com is no help/.

JDream

Council Member
Apr 10, 2004
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
www.cu2.nl
Hi, Well i probably know your problem, Cause i had and still have the same problem, First i've got a question; Does your webcam work?
If it does then okay.
The reason why it wouldn't work (Voice and Webcam) Is cause you're behind a firewall, or a router?

Well i'll talk to you later,

Cya! :)

JDream ;)

Cyberm4n

Electoral Member
Jun 6, 2002
Toronto
it depends on which version of msn messenger or windows messenger you use. windows messenger is useless, that is probably what you have. goto messenger.msn.ca and download a new version of msn messenger. completely forget about the junk microsoft includes with windows xp systems.

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
msn only does a voice OR video conversation. you cant do both at the same time. try just recoding a video and then sending it over email. or you can webcam on msn and typw want you want to day

cookies

Jun 1, 2004
www.cellphones.ca
Does your sound work when you turn your pc on?? Does your webcam work??

If either one of them is not working properly they are having conflitcs with their addressing issue... You could try and plug your soundcard in a different slot...

If all of the above works just go to help on MSN messenger itself. It will be a $150/call to get help from microsoft help desk...

snooker

Electoral Member
May 16, 2004
canada big apple
Why don't you try Yahoo messenger it does both ... Just download there messenger from here www.yahoo.com

PS: Just make sure the other party has yahoo messenger too

You can also go to a microsoft help forum site and ask them for help , I am sure someone there will help ... Here the URL for there site

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?LN=EN-CA&x=10&y=4

Click post question in news group , then look at the left side of your screen to view the group you would like to use , most likely you should try is >>> Internet Technologies >>> MSN >>>> MSN Messenger >>> then post your question

If its not to late ...