Browsers update

gnuman

Electoral Member
Dec 4, 2002
Montreal, Quebec
The makers of Opera software have recently released Opera 7.50 with many new features and improvements over 7.23.

Now on the block is an update of Mozilla 1.7 RC2 beta, probably in a few weeks we will see the final release of 1.7.

Also at Mozilla.org Thunderbird 0.6 with MUCH needed spam filtering improvements these guys have let me down up until now with 0.6 the filtering ACTUALLY WORKS!

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Opera is Crap!! You get those nasty ads, browsing the internet should be free of advertisements and you dont get that. But you get more advertisements with Opera inside of your browser. No thanx!

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Why not stick with the mainstream browser. ie Internet explorer. With security patches applied, some unneeded services disabled you have a solid browser. Also, it is where we are heading. Microsoft dictates future software.

It is only my opinion.

Ginger_Ale

Electoral Member
May 23, 2004
Boston
Hey, moghrabi! I do exactly what you do, I'm browing with Internet Explorer right now, it almost never crashes.

gnuman

Electoral Member
Dec 4, 2002
Montreal, Quebec
Internet Explorer is limited on features and what not eventhough you say its 100% stable I hate opening a new window everytime I want to view another site and stay on the current one.

Opera allows you to choose Google Adwords or Images for banners, if you were on the internet back in the mid 90s you would know that browsers were not free ie: Netscape and Internet Explorer. Netscape had limited stuff unless you purchased the Gold edition while IE 4 was just utter crap.

You want free use either FireFox or Mozilla which I do. They are cross platform compatible and have many features including popup blocking so you don't have to use a third party program.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Microsoft Internet explorer will eventually be able to let you open multiple windows in the future. Microsoft takes the best of everyone's programs and adds them to theirs. This is why I stick with IE and I have no problem with it. Again this is a personal preference and I do try others on different platform.