other browsers then ie

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
SRY IF I'M IN THE WRONG FORUM :oops:

is there a browser other then internet explorer out there?? im using this thing for so long and i dont like netscape at all. i used netscape at skewl but its so old. i seen these advetisements for another browser avanta or something... but it was a banner so probably has spyware or smthing.

any ideas i check back lots :)

thanx

Cyberm4n

Electoral Member
Jun 6, 2002
Toronto
I suggest you give Opera a try! Very nice browser with some useful features. I do not like the banner they show tho!

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
My understanding of your question is you are bored of using IE. Opera is very good as well as Mozilla and Firefox. The other ones you see are only shells that sits on top of IE and gives it a different look such as tabs and so on. Why not stick with the norm. Microsoft is determined to win the browser war and they will looking at their history. I would stick with IE and I have no problems using it.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
My understanding of your question is you are bored of using IE. Opera is very good as well as Mozilla and Firefox. The other ones you see are only shells that sits on top of IE and gives it a different look such as tabs and so on. Why not stick with the norm. Microsoft is determined to win the browser war and they will looking at their history. I would stick with IE and I have no problems using it.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Why not support opensource initiatives? There's tons of browsers. People dont have to use IE, infact, Opera is gaining a lot of popularity.

IE is bloatware, it's rubbish. Filled with holes. They won't automatically win the browser war. We will always have alternatives. Though, I admit, I use Internet Explorer on my Windows box because it is just so tied in with the operating system -- it shouldnt be.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
I f we go back to the Netscape era, we could see that MS killed them. I beg to differ with you regarding winning the war as it is a fact that they eventually win.

I also usse IE as part of Windows and I like the way it is integrated with Windows. However, everyone has a taste.

Opera, as I said, is great but not the main stream. Try to do some online banking with it. Most banks will not accept it as they do with IE. The point is Microsoft controls what the banks, institutions and so on use as an acceptable browser.