Rogers SPAM

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Hey, I was wondering if anyone here gets a lot of SPAM in their Rogers email?

The thing is, is that my rogers email account gets LOADS of SPAM each day and I never use it to sign up for anything.. Just for a few personal friends and such. No other email account gets as much unwanted email as my 2 Rogers accounts do, one of which has been used for nothing other than my default Rogers registration.

Do they sell email lists?

Shmad

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Cache Creek, BC
www.justrant.com
As far as I can tell Rogers will share their E-mail subscriber base within their 'own' corporations. This means they will share it with any company that might happen to be under their umbrella or any company they might hold interests in.

I don't know how to get removed from this, this is all non-confirmed, but from a few reliable sources...

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
you guys should get your head out of your a$$', try learning a little more about how spammers get your email address' ect before blaming Rogers. They do a lot of things wrong, but at least they are not having the same problem as Sympatico, all the spam crashing their mail servers, not to mention them being blacklisted by a bunch of ISP' because of all the spam coming from their IP's.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Anonymous said:
you guys should get your head out of your a$$', try learning a little more about how spammers get your email address' ect before blaming Rogers.

I really dunno what you are talking about in your post. If they are doing something wrong, then why not blame them? My default Rogers email is a mixture of my last name and telephone number, created by a tech when my account was first created.

Spam really does suck, but everyone is in on it. So can we get back onto the question and discuss the possiblity that Rogers might be in on it? thx

Bob Carrick

Electoral Member
Jun 13, 2002
Nope Rogers is not in on it, plain and simple. Spamers grab email address from websites, newsgroups, etc. They also use programs that just email every possible word combination to large domains, such as Rogers.com