bye bye bye ctv news live broadcast!!!!

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
looks like they are done with the free online broadcast >>> they claim it costs too much $$$ but oh well, i dont like ctv anyways... does cbc do broadband broadcasts?

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Oh boy.. you can't imagine how expensive it is to do live streaming like that. Massive amounts of bandwidth are at use at all times and CTV doesn't even really get to advertise to get some back. I agree it costs too much, I didnt watch it either. Oh well, so sad!

RE: CBC, I think CBC only does ondemand.. I remember vaguely trying a live stream once but it was always full, not accepting connections. I don't know if they do it anymore.

Why not just watch cable?

gnuman

Electoral Member
Dec 4, 2002
Montreal, Quebec
I honestly don't get why TV providers don't do online content anywho (well the program WorldTV has some streaming content)

I mean think of it if they show the regular advertising on the network and people who are on the internet from around the world tune in, the marketing payoff would be great.

Not only would you have increases exposure of your content, you do have the possibility to reach outside markets with the products and commericals and maybe get some outside companies to invest in commercials. I personally think its a win-win situation.

The cable/sat providers wouldn't be too happy about it because they would lose business.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
gnuman said:
I honestly don't get why TV providers don't do online content anywho (well the program WorldTV has some streaming content)

I mean think of it if they show the regular advertising on the network and people who are on the internet from around the world tune in, the marketing payoff would be great.

Not only would you have increases exposure of your content, you do have the possibility to reach outside markets with the products and commericals and maybe get some outside companies to invest in commercials. I personally think its a win-win situation.

The cable/sat providers wouldn't be too happy about it because they would lose business.

No, I wouldnt call it a win-win situation. Mainly because if it was like that, everyone would be doing it. I watch DW-TV online sometimes and their advertising means nothing to me. I don't live in Europe so it's really irrelevant.

I think they should probably just stick to their market on television and be done with it. Ofcourse, a lot of companies have interest in foreign companies, possibly owning foreign companies which gives them an International scope... CanWest actually owns a television station in Australia!!