Internet surfing slow when downloading

Cyberm4n

Electoral Member
Jun 6, 2002
Toronto
Hi, I am on rogers cablesystem internet service. Right now i am downloading 59 kbps and its ---really--- slow surfing the net. it takes a minute just to load these forums!

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
Thats why I am leaving shaw and getting telus adsl on Monday. I never download faster that 160 -170 but itis usually 15 -50 most of the time and my neighbour on Telus will download same thing at 350 - 360 kps. Cable is only good if only 2 or 3 people in your neighbourhood use it. otherwise slow slow and slow.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
no1important said:
Thats why I am leaving shaw and getting telus adsl on Monday. I never download faster that 160 -170 but itis usually 15 -50 most of the time and my neighbour on Telus will download same thing at 350 - 360 kps. Cable is only good if only 2 or 3 people in your neighbourhood use it. otherwise slow slow and slow.

no1important, Shaw and Rogers are both COMPLETELY different products.

Please don't assume they are anything alike, because I envy you for being in a Shaw area :)

zippy_nz

Jul 3, 2006
Check out this product, OnSpeed. its an internet accelerator which is compatible for both Mac and PC. It sits quietly on your pc/laptop in the background, and flexible enough for you to turn it on or off. Trials have showed that it increases dial-up speed and broadband to up to 10 times, some times, even more. Go and have a look -

Removed the link
C.C. Staff

:D